What kind of band would you wear with this?
[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 10:01 AM,
What kind of band would you wear with this?
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

If I did something like this, I would probably be doing 7.5mm centre...it would be pretty substantial on my finger. I was wondering if I could do a really much more narrow, vintage eternity. I just love how the OEC looks cushiony in this setting!

What would YOU do? OR would you forgo a band altogether?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 10:07 AM,
RE: What kind of band would you wear with this?
It is the prongs. I did something similar with my peach setting. Wink

I have discovered I prefer a band. I don't like just a ring for myself. So you could either do just a think 2mm something...or, if it were me I would do something with stones, channel set same as the shank. Most likely an eternity.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 10:33 AM,
Or do a 2mm band with engraving that matches the shank of the e-ring?

[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 10:51 AM,
(03-04-2013, 10:33 AM)Mamacass77 Wrote: Or do a 2mm band with engraving that matches the shank of the e-ring?

Ooooh VERY nice ideas. I like the 'engraving idea...though I have some delicious engraved bands saved in my file....that likely don't 'match' exactly, though. Still! Intriguing.

Jenncent-I agree. I need two bands. I had been thinking very thin, pave band. Though, the vintage style channel set eternity would probably be a better mate AND more durable. I wonder if the band I posted on my other thread (channel set with alternating baguettes and double rounds) would work, ok? I feel like, at some point, I need a band like that.

Not that I'm going this way...but I really do enjoy this ring. I need more hand shots of this style. I feel like I may need a simple solitaire AND a blingy ring like this. Why make things complicated by trying to decide on one, am I right? lol

[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 12:46 PM,
here is a hand shot of the style

her stone is just shy of 7.5mm. I can't remember but I messaged her on WB to ask. I adore this style and thought about it for my cushion diamond reset, but think my diamond is too small. But then thought maybe for my BP OEC. And I am not sure why I told myself no, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 12:47 PM,
here is a close up of her ring, so you can see...

sigh, I love it. And I would do a band like that, but her looks too tall, imo. So the same height as the ring.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissKK's post:
  • PimpMyRing
03-04-2013, 01:04 PM,
I like that too Jenn and I agree that, for my taste, a narrower band would rock, although as is its very pretty. Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • PimpMyRing
03-04-2013, 01:15 PM,
I am okay with the width, but thinner would be just as pretty! I want this set again now, lol. Darn you PRM!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM,
(03-04-2013, 12:47 PM)jenncent Wrote: here is a close up of her ring, so you can see...

sigh, I love it. And I would do a band like that, but her looks too tall, imo. So the same height as the ring.

Your second last post made me lol. RE:"I'm not sure why I told myself no"

I thought her band was too tall too...and I think i would like a more narrow band. Maybe the stones would be no bigger than the middle of the graduated section? With short fingers, I risk having a set riding my knuckle. Definitely on my short list (which is not short at all, actually).Blush

[-]
  •
03-04-2013, 01:24 PM,
I prob told myself no, because I had the stone set and had already paid for that, lol. So my simple head swap, which would have been a few hundred bucks, turned into a new setting for probably double, then platinum for triple, and anything with side stones is just so much more I don't even want to think about it. hahaha, I opened up a can of worms...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers