What's your "bling"osophy?
[-]
  •
06-05-2014, 10:07 PM,
What's your "bling"osophy?
So I was thinking the other day about what pieces of my collection I love most and tend to splurge more on than others. For example, I CLEARLY have a ring obsession Angel, though I have other stuff (earrings, bracelets, etc.). But I tend to spend & expand mostly in rings because those are what I see the most. I don't really see my earrings and necklaces when I wear them, except when I'm at a mirror, which let's face it, ain't all that often during the day, except the restroom. And I can only take so much on my wrists because too much tends to bug me during the day, and I take it off for a little while, even my watch.

But my rings, I get to see and enjoy those when I'm typing, on the phone, writing, driving, or just chilling watching a movie. And I only buy my jewelery for myself (vs. trying to keep up with or impress the Joneses), so I want to enjoy it the most. Thus, I splurge mostly on rings since that's what I can enjoy the most.

Am I the only oddball who breaks bling down like that? Do you have a reason or rationale for why you acquire the particular pieces, colors, styles, etc. you do?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-05-2014, 10:42 PM,
RE: What's your "bling"osophy?
My blingosophy is exactly the same as yours! Exactly! I love rings and it actually pains me to spend my bling budget on anything else. Just this week I bought some new, bigger moissy studs. While I'm looking forward to wearing the new studs what I'm mostly fixating on is that I spent $ that won't go towards another ring, lol.

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 12:25 AM,
The same. Really!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 01:17 AM,
Yep, same. All rings, all the time. I have a couple necklaces that were given to me, but never see wear unless it's an anniversary or something. Rings though, I can sparkle dance with those all the time since I always see them! They make me feel like a princess even when I'm wearing sweatpants Tongue

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 01:51 AM,
Yup, the same. Rings to please myself. The only other thing I wear are earrings.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • diamonds247
06-06-2014, 04:12 AM,
Yep +1000. Rings just do something for me that other pieces do not. Like you, because I can see them. Bracelets/watches bother me too and the other pieces you can't see on yourself.
I wear and buy rings for myself and myself only. Hide they have always been my weakness!

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 05:49 AM,
I am SO happy to know I am in the best of company! LOL

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 06:02 AM,
ditto!

Rings all the way, baby. I love bracelets, but don't like the feel of them on, so there goes that. Dodgy

I do like necklaces and wear them daily, but because *I* can't see them I don't get as much joy out of them.

Earrings-I have like 2 pair that I rotate between. I own more, but they don't get worn.

Rings it is!

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 06:58 AM,
I am mainly a ring gal, but I love bracelets too Smile I never really bother with necklaces because they get all tangled in my hair, but I have a ton of them!

[-]
  •
06-06-2014, 09:44 AM,
I think mine is less about where I wear it, and more about how unusual it is. Rarity value counts for an awful lot with me, which is a concept that might mean different things to different people, I suppose ... I can certainly see one person wanting only rare stones, like benitoite, or something, another wanting really cutting-edge designs like nobody's wearing, a third wanting only things previously owned by celebrities ... but for me it generally means pieces constructed according to a standard of craftsmanship that has all but disappeared. So I focus on Belle Epoque, Edwardian, and Art Deco jewels. And I think my unspoken philosophy is that I care more about quality than condition: I would rather have a worn piece by Asprey or Black Starr Frost or the like than a brand-new one from Tiffany's. Good thing the former's an option since few others feel the way I do!