What would you do with 3,000-4,000 to buy some bling?
[-]
  •
11-17-2014, 11:17 PM,
What would you do with 3,000-4,000 to buy some bling?
Hi friends,
I have some bonus money from an achievement that I would like to put into some jewelry so that I can always kind of look at it and be like hm...remember that? Okay, that sounds weird.
Initially, I was thinking diamond tennis bracelet. Then maybe diamond right hand ring. I have a ton of moissy and am very set for rings and pearls. I'm not against something moissy, but I can't think of anything I want with moissy in that price range.
So, go ahead! If it was you, and you wanted something moderately extravagant in the 3k-4k range, what would you do?
All ideas are fun.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 06:03 AM,
RE: What would you do with 3,000-4,000 to buy some bling?
I think I would look into getting a french cut eternity band like Idaho's. Yummy! This is so much fun! Enjoy!

[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 06:39 AM,
Maybe a custom pendant designed around the accomplishment? For instance, I had a major project a few years back that had a weather reference in the project title/code name (but the project was otherwise entirely unrelated to "weather"). As a project closure momento for the key team members, we bought Galileo thermometers. But this could have also been made into a cool pendant with small colored stones in a white gold or platinum silhouette of a Galileo thermometer.

Can you translate your accomplishment into something like that maybe? Or share the accomplishment with us, and perhaps we can help you with ideas.

[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 08:45 AM,
Hi,
That's a fun story about the thermometers. For me I'm more looking just for something blingy and fun to buy, and whatever it is will still remind me.
French cut eternity...yum! I'm having a lot of fun looking around at stuff for sure.

[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 11:39 AM,
I really should've prefaced my previous reply with a disclaimer on my love of stacking! Crackup
But seriously though, that band of @idahosubaru is gorgeous. Great versatility too. Can be worn along for a quiet elegance, as a super comfy RHR or with a band stack or ering. Hmm...maybe I should get one after all! Hide
Have fun!

[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • Slick
11-18-2014, 12:07 PM,
Yes you should @Slick !! I love mine.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HS4S's post:
  • Slick
11-18-2014, 12:40 PM,
(11-18-2014, 11:39 AM)Slick Wrote: I really should've prefaced my previous reply with a disclaimer on my love of stacking! Crackup
But seriously though, that band of @idahosubaru is gorgeous. Great versatility too. Can be worn along for a quiet elegance, as a super comfy RHR or with a band stack or ering. Hmm...maybe I should get one after all! Hide
Have fun!

I confess to have a similar band to Idahosubarus band in the works. It is being made to match my ruby French cut band. It should be done this week. So excited!

[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 12:47 PM,
Def diamonds. I love the diamond tennis bracelet idea. It would be such a classic piece that you could get so much wear out of.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 01:00 PM,
I know I have too many but I would get another diamond ring! I am currently obsessed with fishtail e rings. ever since sparkle factor and her asha.

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
[-]
  •
11-18-2014, 01:25 PM,
When I went to Idahosubaru's thread on her french cut ring the pics weren't showing up! But I'm sure it's gorgeous! I think I'm leaning towards a diamond tennis bracelet or a diamond right hand ring. Great ideas all!