09-06-2014, 06:24 AM,
Where are you all?
There haven't been new posts for weeks.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-06-2014, 06:56 AM,
RE: Where are you all?
Everybody has a new ring project going on it seems..... Pearls on hold for a bit whilst funds are tied up. Well for me anyway........

What about the rest of you?

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-06-2014, 06:59 AM,
I think the pearl craze comes and goes around here. Big Grin

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
09-06-2014, 09:10 AM,
I did my part, LOL! Big Grin I probably won't buy any more jewelry, including pearls, until the end of the year. I probably wouldn't mind snapping up one lonely loose pearl to set as a pendant from the PP connoisseur sale going on right now, but stuff is added so erratically and snapped up so quickly that I'm not really trying.

[-]
  •
09-06-2014, 03:54 PM,
I've got some on hold but it's going to take a while to pay off.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • MicheleZ
09-06-2014, 03:58 PM,
I am still pearl mad. Smile No pause button for that here!

I am mourning missing out on one of the two fireball and metallic freshwater pendants PP had in their sale. I must admit that I was initially keen to see their harvest strands, but at the pricepoint they had them at I would rather wait longer and pay for a Kamoka strand. Was it just me that thought they were $$$?

My next purchase plotted will be a boring one, although still not cheap, good Tahitian pearls (round) on WG. I also want some akoyas on YG in the same style. These will be for every day wear. Heart

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 04:05 AM,
[quote='OoohShiny' pid='125578' dateline='1410040698']
I am still pearl mad. Smile No pause button for that here!

I am mourning missing out on one of the two fireball and metallic freshwater pendants PP had in their sale. I must admit that I was initially keen to see their harvest strands, but at the pricepoint they had them at I would rather wait longer and pay for a Kamoka strand. Was it just me that thought they were $$$?

My next purchase plotted will be a boring one, although still not cheap, good Tahitian pearls (round) on WG. I also want some akoyas on YG in the same style. These will be for every day wear. Heart

OHHH SHINEY, If you do a close up, the harvest strands were so expensive because of the pearls used. 50% of the strand was rounds, large mm pearls and provoked baroques. If you want a harvest strand created in a less expensive price point , call and ask for one.
I also liked the loose Tahitians they collected from the last Tahitian pearl strand sale. They should make many nice pendants or?

[-]
  •
09-07-2014, 04:18 AM,
Good point, harvest strands are never inexpensive just because they are usually the equivalent of at least two full necklaces and these strands , as Third Graft pointed out, are comprised of lots of rounds so the price goes up. Most I've seen run around 4,000 - 5,000 retail.

[-] The following 1 user Likes The Third Graft's post:
  • MrsK
09-07-2014, 05:37 AM,
It seems many women on all these forums think they should be less expensive since these pearls can't be matched to make whole identical pearl strands. Not all harvest strands are created equal. Price compare and look at the contents of the strands, some are a steal compared to others.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • OoohShiny
09-07-2014, 08:12 AM,
@OoohShiny Well, those earrings are amazing!

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.