Which setting is "Rosie" at Schubach?
[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 10:28 AM,
Which setting is "Rosie" at Schubach?
I can't decide which one it is, though I presume it is one of the 'customizable' settings? Beth made a mention of Rosie when I spoke to her about a (semi-custom?) setting. I also saw it in its 'raw' form on their Facebook page and LOVE it. I know I've seen it here, too, right? Funny to '*re*discover it after drooling over this at PS (and unsuccessfully finding it anywhere).

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 10:57 AM,
RE: Which setting is "Rosie" at Schubach?
(04-04-2013, 10:28 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: I can't decide which one it is, though I presume it is one of the 'customizable' settings? Beth made a mention of Rosie when I spoke to her about a (semi-custom?) setting. I also saw it in its 'raw' form on their Facebook page and LOVE it. I know I've seen it here, too, right? Funny to '*re*discover it after drooling over this at PS (and unsuccessfully finding it anywhere).

I think it's Jenn's solitaire that she is going to modify to a bezel.

[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 11:31 AM,
It was Jenn's solitaire, but I bought it from her. I don't think it can be modified to a bezel setting, so she is doing a custom setting. As far as I know, Rosie isn't listed on the website yet. Most settings can be changed somewhat, making them semi-custom.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 11:40 AM,
(04-04-2013, 11:31 AM)MrsK Wrote: It was Jenn's solitaire, but I bought it from her. I don't think it can be modified to a bezel setting, so she is doing a custom setting. As far as I know, Rosie isn't listed on the website yet. Most settings can be changed somewhat, making them semi-custom.

Ah, ok. I noted a few settings that are labelled with "customize" and didn't know if it was one of them...and I'm just too dense to recognize it. lol

[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 11:55 AM,
I know Jenn mentioned they were adding a lot of new solitaires to their website soon. I'm pretty sure they can work with most settings as far as modifying them to fit stone shapes and sizes. The Rosie setting I bought off of Jenn held a 10mm OEC. I am having them put an 8.5mm cushion in it.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 12:02 PM,
(04-04-2013, 11:55 AM)MrsK Wrote: I know Jenn mentioned they were adding a lot of new solitaires to their website soon. I'm pretty sure they can work with most settings as far as modifying them to fit stone shapes and sizes. The Rosie setting I bought off of Jenn held a 10mm OEC. I am having them put an 8.5mm cushion in it.

I had sent Beth a picture of a Leon Mege - at the same time as I did the SK - just to see, ya know? Anyway, she referenced Rosie and the engraving....and I'm wondering, today, if she meant "Rosie" could be used to come up with something inspired by the Leon Mege. I had a squirmy, bitty girl on my lap, at that point in the conversation, so I'm not 100% if this is what she meant. lol. I love the Rosie that you have....but I'd never seen it in a white metal before until the Shubach facebook page. Love it!

[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 12:04 PM,
yes to all above, lol!! And Rosie could have a bezel, but it would not attach to the cathedral without a lot of cost, and I didn't like how that would look.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 12:13 PM,
(04-04-2013, 12:02 PM)PimpMyRing Wrote:
(04-04-2013, 11:55 AM)MrsK Wrote: I know Jenn mentioned they were adding a lot of new solitaires to their website soon. I'm pretty sure they can work with most settings as far as modifying them to fit stone shapes and sizes. The Rosie setting I bought off of Jenn held a 10mm OEC. I am having them put an 8.5mm cushion in it.

I had sent Beth a picture of a Leon Mege - at the same time as I did the SK - just to see, ya know? Anyway, she referenced Rosie and the engraving....and I'm wondering, today, if she meant "Rosie" could be used to come up with something inspired by the Leon Mege. I had a squirmy, bitty girl on my lap, at that point in the conversation, so I'm not 100% if this is what she meant. lol. I love the Rosie that you have....but I'd never seen it in a white metal before until the Shubach facebook page. Love it!

Does the LM setting look like Rosie?

[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 12:16 PM,
is Rosie an adwar setting? I was looking for it on stuller to try and get a visual of what it looks like with an oval.

[-]
  •
04-04-2013, 12:19 PM,
no, stuller...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website