Which shape would be easier to replace with diamond?
[-]
  •
04-29-2013, 01:04 PM,
Which shape would be easier to replace with diamond?
Say OEC moissy for OEC diamond or cushion moissy for OMC or ACC diamond? I presume it's the round...but I want to see if any of my TFL peeps had a different opinion.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-29-2013, 01:11 PM,
RE: Which shape would be easier to replace with diamond?
I agree. I think that round would be the easiest to swap out!

[-]
  •
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM,
Definitely a round. Cushion diamonds come in all shapes and sizes but cushion moissys are basically squares with rounded corners. I've seen OMCs from round to very irregular (but still attempting to be round) but not irregular enough to be cushion shaped. ACC is a possible swap though - if you can find a square one L/W 1.00 or 1.01 maybe.

[-]
  •
04-29-2013, 02:07 PM,
(04-29-2013, 01:21 PM)aalimah Wrote: Definitely a round. Cushion diamonds come in all shapes and sizes but cushion moissys are basically squares with rounded corners. I've seen OMCs from round to very irregular (but still attempting to be round) but not irregular enough to be cushion shaped. ACC is a possible swap though - if you can find a square one L/W 1.00 or 1.01 maybe.

Thanks. I figured this would be the case....though, admittedly, I was hoping for options re:the cushions. Lol

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • PimpMyRing
04-29-2013, 03:06 PM,
Def the OEC moiss for the OEC diamond. The cushions are so much more shallow than an ACC would be, there would not be enough room.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 05:49 AM,
Well, I figured. Here's my dilemma. Mr. PMR wants me to pick "1" e-ring (not the 2 options I'd been working on). Actually, he's not about the idea of the 'e-ring' but he would like me to have an 'heirloom' to pass down. It's really puzzling to me since HE is the one who introduced me to moissanite. I don't really get it as moissanite is a forever stone, and while I like the look of diamonds the only real thing they have is 'perceived' value over moissanite. He has agreed that I can go ahead and create something now - with moissanite...but with the plan to replace the centre in a number of years with a diamond. Perplexed. I am not sure I can move him on this one and it leaves me with re-planning my whole project list. Not sure where to start...I'd been planning the SK ring with a cushion and an OEC solitaire.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 06:57 AM,
(04-30-2013, 05:49 AM)PimpMyRing Wrote: Well, I figured. Here's my dilemma. Mr. PMR wants me to pick "1" e-ring (not the 2 options I'd been working on). Actually, he's not about the idea of the 'e-ring' but he would like me to have an 'heirloom' to pass down. It's really puzzling to me since HE is the one who introduced me to moissanite. I don't really get it as moissanite is a forever stone, and while I like the look of diamonds the only real thing they have is 'perceived' value over moissanite. He has agreed that I can go ahead and create something now - with moissanite...but with the plan to replace the centre in a number of years with a diamond. Perplexed. I am not sure I can move him on this one and it leaves me with re-planning my whole project list. Not sure where to start...I'd been planning the SK ring with a cushion and an OEC solitaire.

Maybe you can plan for something with a head/basket they could revise later.

[-]
  •
04-30-2013, 07:45 AM,
[/quote]

Maybe you can plan for something with a head/basket they could revise later.
[/quote]

That is true. I mentioned this possibility to Beth, earlier on, and she said 'surgery' could be performed later - so it is possible. Thank you for that reminder! I am a little unsure how to decide between the 2 shapes....I thought maybe determining which would switch out better might help me decide. lol