Whiter Moissanite, two sources ?!
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissCassie's post:
  • Lorrissey
04-27-2013, 11:11 PM,
Whiter Moissanite, two sources ?!
So I was bumming around the Investor Village forums for C&C, and happened across these two articles provided, stating that C&C has new rough coming out that is G-H on the diamond grading scale, and has ended their exclusive relationship with Serenity Technologies, who are now able to further enhance moissanite stones to an E-F range? I know that the "whiter rough/stones" isn't new news, but do we have any information on who is going to be providing these stones, or when we might be able to get our eyes/hands on them? Lol, who knows something? Big Grin

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-2013...lenews_wsj

http://www.jckonline.com/2013/04/22/new-...es-colvard

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 01:52 AM,
RE: Whiter Moissanite, two sources ?!
Yes, I'm curious about this too.

[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 02:04 AM,
I'm curious too, on the timeline and the price. Especially compared to the Amora gem.

[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 08:02 AM,
I only know this. I talked to the CEO of C and C in Feb. He told me they were planning to roll it out in June at the huge jewelry show in Las Vegas. I hope it will hit the markets this summer. I just emailed him yesterday asking this same question, but have not heard back yet.

This will eventually become their FB product replacing the treated FB they now sell. They have ended that part of their relationship with Serenity, and will only be enhancing colored stones. I imagine the pricing will stay the same, but I don't know that for sure.

Aside from the cut/shapes it sounds like it will be very similar to the Amora Gem.

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 08:33 AM,
Wow, this is great news! Hopefully, they won't run into the supply & demand issues that they're having with Amora.

[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 08:53 AM,
(04-28-2013, 08:33 AM)aalimah Wrote: Wow, this is great news! Hopefully, they won't run into the supply & demand issues that they're having with Amora.

I think they are behind in cutting, but getting the rough does not seem to be an issue. So it may be difficult to get initially. Personally I would rather wait a while until the old FB supplies are exhausted to make sure you get the new white rough.

[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 08:56 AM,
Actually, when they say that they have ended their contract with Serenity, they mean colours as well.

We were under the impression that the first stones to be cut from the new rough would be sold out cuts, not rounds, so it is confusing.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 09:43 AM,
Anyone know/hear of anything about Serenity's new treatment? I'm very intrigued by the idea of someone figuring out how to take regular moissanite and make it completely colorless! I didn't think we'd see true colorless SiC until the Amora Gem was in production. Interesting, very interesting things are happening in the world of moissy! Big Grin Of course, timelines would be nice to know for these things. I have my first anniversary coming up and hubby has agreed to a sparkle project, but since I usually only do on sparkle a year I don't know if I should hold out or not!

[-]
  •
04-28-2013, 09:47 AM,
the new one is the one on top?

[-] The following 1 user Likes poppyseed's post:
  • emmy
04-28-2013, 09:51 AM,
I think the new FB will be available soon and is white enough for most people. The appealing thing about the amora gem though is that the cutting will be more like a diamond and not have the somewhat weird cut that moissanite has.