Wink OECs or OMCS for studs?
[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 08:36 AM,
Wink OECs or OMCS for studs?
So I've finally decided to just buy wink stones for studs for my wedding. I've been waiting for AGS/someone to lend me diamond studs. Except I realized that no one has 8mm studs!! (And I just couldn't live with much less!)

So, I typically wear 7.5mm studs, so I was thinking of going to 8mm for the wedding. Do you think I should get OMCs or OECS?

I want to decide soon as my wedding is in early February and I realized I don't have that much time left!!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 08:41 AM,
RE: Wink OECs or OMCS for studs?
OEC, round earrings are nice because they can turn without being wonky. I love Asscher earrings but when they look crooked in the ears- bah! OMCs might turn in your ears a little and it would drive me bananas to look at pictures of crooked earrings for the rest of my life. :p

I think Wink's OMC looks a bit more glassy than the OEC too. They are both gorgeous stones.... will you post a pic of your wedding?!?!?!?

[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 09:30 AM,
Yes, the wonky is one of my concerns with the OMC. Good to hear you think the OMC is glassy, that is my concern as well. I guess I will get the OECS.

I just know that I"m going to get a 7.5mm OEC AG and I'm reticent to get 8mm OEC earrings made becuase then I won't be able to re-use the settings...seems wasteful. I don't know why this is bothering me so much!

I will try to post pics of the wedding! It feels like it is a long way off!!

[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 09:38 AM,
Get the Wink stones set in rhodium plated sterling silver? Then there is less investment. When is the big day?

[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 09:54 AM,
I'm allergic to silver and don't want to risk red ears on the day! And I think I want yellow gold to match my headpiece. Which I will post pictures of soooon

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Lorrissey
12-27-2012, 10:53 AM,
I was going to say OECs too. Provided they are in stock, or you won't get them in time.

Do you want the AGs set in yellow gold? I would just keep the Wink stones in the yellow gold and then get the AGs in plat.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 01:24 PM,
I agree with jenn.

[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 02:20 PM,
The OECs were ordered. What type of setting should I get from IDJ?

[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 02:34 PM,
what are the options?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-27-2012, 02:50 PM,
Craparooni, even though it says they had them in stock on the website, Melissa just e-mailed me saying they don't. I am waiting to hear how long the wait is. Will post some options in a minute