Would you? Yellow gold basket in moissy ring!
[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 04:28 PM,
Would you? Yellow gold basket in moissy ring!
I had this idea eons ago for a low colored diamond I had, but inspiration just struck and wondered about replacing this idea with a moissy center stone. White gold halo ring, white diamonds/moissy melee, unenhanced moissy center... with a yellow gold basket/prongs holding the center stone.

Has anyone seen this done with an unenhanced moissy? That would be so interesting to see! I wonder how it would turn out, I have to wonder if it would be a mistake and make the moissy look bleh instead of ramping up the warmness.

Pics from the DBL site to much better explain what's going on in my head..
(Here's the link if anyones curious on stats etc: http://www.diamondsbylauren.com/index.ph...tone-r4803 )

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 04:43 PM,
RE: Would you? Yellow gold basket in moissy ring!
I love gold baskets with fancy yellow stones!! I am thinking it would have a similar effect especially on unenhanced moissy to bring out a lot more warmth and maybe FLY colors!

[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM,
I love that setting! Its so pretty. I can't say what would happen with the moissy in a yellow basket but that setting is just lovely! I'm not much use really Smile

[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 07:53 PM,
I've seen unenchanced moissanites in yellow gold that looked plenty sparkly to me. I certainly don't think that a pretty YG basket would make moissy look yucky, unless maybe you had a really old-school stone with sickly green tendencies.

But truth be told, if it were me, I'd much rather go all out with a yellow center stone in a setting of this style.

[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM,
I've got such a pretty oec moissy, unenhanced, that I'd love to put in a white gold halo, I just had the lightbulb go off this morning and thought hmmm! Yellow gold basket, maybe! I've always loved the yellow center stones in a halo.. But then again I love sooo many different rings too Smile I just wondered if anyone had ever done it.

[-]
  •
03-09-2014, 09:31 PM,
Ooooh! Pretty! I would definitely do it.