Would you rehab this?
[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 10:54 AM,
Would you rehab this?
Well I bought this ring on LT! No it is not my size but pretty sure we can fix that. The princess cut eternity project has now been replaced with this. And since I returned the EC, I won't be spending that $ either.

The wheat pattern is almost gone - would you rehab it or leave it alone? Part of me wants to have it rehabbed because it would be beautiful. Part leave it alone. If I rehabbed it I think the value would still be there in the stones anyway and this is one I think I would never sell. But then a small part says it has come this far and still looks great! I would protect the inscriptions and date of course.

1917 inscribed french cut band

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:23 AM,
RE: Would you rehab this?
ohhhh its soooooooooooo purdy!!

I would rehab it and bring it back to its glory!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:27 AM,
I love it and wouldn't rehab it. I like old rings because of the history attached. Every scratch and nick are from someone's life and that's what draws me. Of course I like to believe that the ring had a happy life filled with rainbows and unicorns Big Grin

[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:30 AM,
I'm a romantic. I would keep it as is! Just think how much it was worn and loved to have the smoothing of the engraving that it has! In my heart, that's what makes this ring extra beautiful! But I know I'm funny that way. I looove that it's inscribed with a date too! What energy that ring must have!!!

[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:36 AM,
I would leave it, but I am an old soul. It is your treasure now, so you need to do what will give you the most joy from it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:39 AM,
Yes @Shelley and @Jezebel these are the reasons I would not do it. And I have a vintage engraved orange blossom band that is completely original except for resizing and I love it. But it's engraving is in much better shape than this one. Jezebel that is an awesome way of putting it that it was worn so much to be so smooth. A long happy life!

[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 11:50 AM,
(03-02-2014, 11:36 AM)jenncent Wrote: I would leave it, but I am an old soul. It is your treasure now, so you need to do what will give you the most joy from it.

I would too.

However we rehabbed a ring I had that belonged to my great great grandmother and it was really special to see it the way she would have.

[-] The following 1 user Likes JuBe's post:
  • Glitzy
03-02-2014, 05:56 PM,
Pretty ring!

Personally i would rehab it, because it's not taking anything away from the ring, but returning it (albeit temporarily) to its former glory.

[-]
  •
03-02-2014, 05:59 PM,
(03-02-2014, 05:56 PM)JuBe Wrote: Personally i would rehab it, because it's not taking anything away from the ring, but returning it (albeit temporarily) to its former glory.

This!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Hadley's post:
  • stardust
03-03-2014, 12:32 AM,
1917. That is amazing. There is almost nothing so seductive to me as something with history, whether it's jewelry or a house or a holiday tradition. Things with a history have their own breath and life. I'm so happy for you that you get to be a part of this ring's life.

To rehab or not... I'm not saying because really, I understand reasons for both and could go either way.

Sharp mind, soft belly.