Caleb Meyer Ring
Sapphires in Megan Thorne design
[Show Results]

YG indecision 2013
[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 05:47 PM,
Question  YG indecision 2013
So... I'm pretty much in love with the latest CADs DK sent me for my cushion 3-stone.

My big hesitation is using moissy cushions. I'm not a fan of the "square" that you see in the center and not a fan of the splintery cut in general.

I love Asha ACC's, but they don't come in the right sizes.

My next options are WinkCZ ACC's. But durability and cleanliness are both factors. So I've started to consider other alternative stones -- like Asha Asschers and sapphires. I'd considered using RBs or OECs, but I do really want to keep this cushion shaped.

To keep this all together, inspiration and CAD:
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I'm starting to think that I will need to postpone this project and wait for AG cushions or heaven help us, AG AVC *if that ever happens* or hell -- diamond AVCs.

So I've kinda gone back to the drawing board on YG ideas.

This is the band that started it all. I must have one, so I'm getting it in a few months:

I wish I could be be happy with just a band, but I know I will need some bling factor to go with it.

I saw this on Caleb Meyer's website for sale and the price is right and I thought the design goes perfectly with the band. what do you think?

But then blessedmama is selling those TDF sapphires and it got me thinking of something like these:

So new poll!

-original plan with alternative stones (wink ACC, asha asschers or sapphires)

-CM ring

-Sapphires in Megan Thorne designs

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Anxiouslywaiting
04-09-2013, 05:51 PM,
RE: YG indecision 2013
I like the CM for you. You had a sapphire, you were not a fan and said you like your sapphires with diamonds.... I think you will be happier with diamonds as well.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 05:53 PM,
On the first choice, is having moissy cushions recut into AVC an option since you don't like the modern cushion?

The leaf ring is so pretty but coupled with the CM is that going to be too thick on your fingers? That is the first thought that came to mind but I always worry about that cuz I h ave stupidly short fingers.

You've wanted a three stone for a while, so if you can live with recut, that is my first choice for you. I have a feeling you will think it will be too warm though. So in that case, I vote option 3.

[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 06:04 PM,
Very true, Jenn. I pulled the sapphire out of Jules because it didn't feel "e-ring" enough.

However, since this is more of an alternative to my "e-ring", I'm not that concerned with it...

BUT warm gold option vs. yellow gold with blue stone is something to consider. They'd be worn very differently and I do just want a generic warm gold option vs. the fashion/statement piece that yellow gold/blue stone would be.

I will one day own that MT scalloped band with blue sapphires (WG or YG) someday... I am smitten with it.

[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 06:07 PM,
I like the CM ring a lot.

[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 06:09 PM,
(04-09-2013, 05:53 PM)MrsFloppy Wrote: On the first choice, is having moissy cushions recut into AVC an option since you don't like the modern cushion?

The leaf ring is so pretty but coupled with the CM is that going to be too thick on your fingers? ...

*After having that antique oval moissy, I know that it's not for me. Not only would it get pretty expensive (as I'd have to recut OECs to get the pillow top I want), but the stones color is unpredictable and from experience WAY to tinted for my tastes... Cry Or else I would've tried it long ago.. haha.

*I have considered the width. If they work together, AWESOME!! If they don't, I have no problems wearing the band as a RHR and getting a thinner band that does work with the CM ring.

[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 06:23 PM,
If you're worried about maintaining cleanliness on a Wink ACC or AVC, don't go Asscher. I had an Asscher and oh my word, it only stayed clean for like 20 minutes. No kidding. Even just sitting on the couch in the evening that thing got dingy. It drove me up a tree.

I like the leaf band and like that you're passionate about it. I think it would look awesome with a solitaire that's not too busy. But I always choose simpler, don't I? You seem to, as well. Which brings me to...

While I appreciate the beauty of the Caleb Meyer ring, I think it's too busy for you. If it had a leaves but no swirls, or swirls but no leaves, it would be more Lorrissey. This plus the extra leaf band sounds way too busy for you for sure.

Since Jules didn't do it for you with a sapphire but then made your heart sing with a white stone, I vote for a white stone in the e-ring, regardless of what set you go with. Same as what Jenn said.

Now we come to Megan Thorne. You post her stuff, and stuff that echos her style, very frequently. More than anything else, maybe. So I think you should do this in some form or another. What about a white stone e-ring and then a splash of color for the smaller stones of a band or three?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 06:46 PM,
I really like the CM ring for you. And that leaf band...YUM!

[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 07:25 PM,
First of all, I love that leaf band! I vote for a CM ring.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
04-09-2013, 07:52 PM,
Have you seen a cushion in person, then? You find it more splitery then RB's? Selfishly, your answer will affect my own indecision 2013. lol If you haven't seen one, in person, I would suggest seeing one in person. I've been wondering about the cushion...based on some pictures. BUT...I have an RB and feel like pictures really don't reflect how the cut looks IRL, if that makes sense. If you've seen one in person and don't like...well, eeps for me too! lol

I still vote three stone. You've wanted one for awhile and it's definitely different than Jules. You seem really drawn to Coati's 3 stone, too...is this where the RB's come in or would you try to work with David's design?