Yellow Gold 3-stone question
[-] The following 1 user Likes MissAnna1104's post:
  • MicheleZ
05-17-2013, 03:48 PM,
Yellow Gold 3-stone question
So, now that I've been bitten by the sparkle bug again (I'm sure my DH loves all of your influence on me Wink ) I'm tinkering with the idea of a yellow gold 3 stone ring since the one I'm still hoping to find is white gold.

DH sent me this one that he was considering before I smushed his plans:
http://www.uniquesettings.com/products/s...om_style=1

I'm thinking I want 3 cushions instead of rounds because, again, my soon-to-be-found ring is rounds. Also, this one will have a plain shank because I just adore the look of yellow gold!

Anyway here is what I'm thinking in a nut shell:
-thin, delicate shank that tapers into the stones. This is because I'll probably do a 5mm center and 4mm sides (running to hide from the shame of not using larger, yummier sizes!) I don't want the shank overwhelm the smaller stones.
-plain shank
-probably unenhanced moissanites.

Ok, so here is my question. If I go with this idea, do yellow gold for the basket/prongs, too? I like the look of a white head on a yellow shank for a solitiare, but will two-tone look too....retro(?) on a three stone? What are your thoughts?

also, would either claw or split prongs be too much with the smaller sized stones?

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 03:53 PM,
RE: Yellow Gold 3-stone question
Oh and I'd probably pair it with the low profile 2mm eternity band, also yellow gold Smile

[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 03:54 PM,
I like claw prongs and I think the two tone would look great.

[-] The following 2 users Like jenncent's post:
  • Lorrissey, stardust
05-17-2013, 03:55 PM,
I would do 2 tone if you like 2 tone. Smile It makes moissy its whitest and the prongs just blend away. I would stick to single claws on each. I think double works best on larger stones.

I do like yellow prongs on moissy too, btw. So just go with the look you like. You should wait for the new rough though!!

And it will look fab with that band!!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 03:58 PM,
oh see I hadn't even considered the play on color it would have! I can't decide if I like two tone or all yellow gold on a three stone. Solitaire, I prefer the two tone, but I can't decide if I like it or not with three stones.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the newer rough! I'll definitely be waiting for that Wink

[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 03:58 PM,
i need to keep googling images to figure out my likes... oh darn Big Grin

[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 04:52 PM,
Can I just say that it's awesome it only took 24 hours to reel you back into the obsession? Crackup

I love my Moissanite in all yellow, shank and prongs. It's nice to have something different from the old standard. The all yellow feels richer and yummier. And as far as double claw prongs -- YEAH baby! They are awesome! The ring of which I speak is a solitaire and a wide shank, so not along the lines of your plan. But given the prong basket, it's not too much of a stretch to mentally translate it to three similar baskets. Here's a couple (giant!) photos.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hadley's post:
  • Lorrissey, MissAnna1104
05-17-2013, 04:57 PM,
I'm not sure how long you've been out of the loop. Have you seen Poppyseed's personal designs that she is selling? Here's her three stone with cushions. She customizes them to your stone size and shape.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
05-17-2013, 05:11 PM,
Good call, Hadley! I love Poppyseed's 3-stone and very affordable! and I say all YG too!

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissAnna1104's post:
  • JuBe
05-17-2013, 05:14 PM,
(05-17-2013, 04:52 PM)Hadley Wrote: Can I just say that it's awesome it only took 24 hours to reel you back into the obsession? Crackup
Oh girl...I am a weak, weak woman. Resistance was futile! Big Grin

Good lord that is a beautiful solitare! I agree, the simple yellow shank is just so yummy. I can totally see the all yellow translating to a three stone...

And Poppyseed is designing now!?!?! That's so awesome! And that is exactly what I am looking for. Exactly like DH's pick but with cushions... Holy cow, I wonder how that would look with the smaller stones?