Your Aspirational Solitaire
[-]
  •
12-24-2013, 02:27 PM,
Your Aspirational Solitaire
If you could buy a solitaire of any shape and size, what would it be? I know most women wear what they think looks believable for their lifestyle and finances. What if you didn't care what anyone thinks of that? Suppose you wore what you liked. What would you select? I'm not talking about something a Kardashian would wear. For me, I've always thought a four to five carat solitaire with some side stones would be perfect. I used to be obsessed with pear shapes, but now it would be round brilliant for sure. I'm a simple girl. LOL

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes grapefruitlove's post:
  • moissypaws
12-24-2013, 02:35 PM,
RE: Your Aspirational Solitaire
hmm...when i got my solitaire, i thought it was exactly what I wanted. hubby asked me if i wanted 1.5-2.5 ct and i said 1.5 ish. Now, thinking back I think I was crazy LOL. I also used to love princess cut 100% but now I also love cushions. If i EVER upgrade, which I don't know if i ever will...it would probably be a 2.5-3 ct cushion cut solitaire.

[-]
  •
12-24-2013, 02:58 PM,
I think my dream solitaire, which I cannot afford, would be a 5ct slightly elongated antique cushion/old mine brilliant. 10.75x9.75mm, no warmer than J colour. Probably in a simple setting, with a pretty kick ass eternity beside it. Not a cray cray kardashian eternity, but maybe 3mm stones. But until that happens (when I win the lotto), it will have to be smaller, so I need some side stones, to maximize the finger coverage. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
12-24-2013, 05:19 PM,
Are we talking moissanite since the thread is in the moissanite forum? If so then I already have the biggest round I would ever do at 8mm/2ct. If the Amora Gem proves to be all that then I would really want an antique cushion in about a 7.5mm. But alas I may never get one unless Rhino decides to cut them. Maybe when I can buy one here in the USA I will get a big cushion and have Rhino recut it to an ACC. But it would have to be really big I imagine.

[-]
  •
12-24-2013, 05:23 PM,
I would want either an 11x9 honking diamond pear or oval...... Or @KJMM's antique cushion!!

[-]
  •
12-24-2013, 06:14 PM,
Well, can't say I care about "believability", as I truly do not feel that moissanite is a simulant that I'm trying to pass off as another stone, but regardless, my dream solitaire is probably a 2.5-3ct pear cut. Big Grin Just like my original, only bigger!

[-]
  •
12-26-2013, 12:38 PM,
I'm with MissCassie in not really seeing it as a simulant (though I know that's not how it seems to most), but I *would* love to get an August Vintage Cushion cut moissanite one of these days, square, with a nice pillow-y crown. I think the faceting would lend itself beautifully to the fire of the material. Size-wise? I have a tic about my center stones being no wider than the width of my nailbed for daily wear (it's like my Golden Mean for jewelery ... Bling Mean?), so I'd say 8.5mm. That said, my idea of a solitaire might not jibe with other people's: it would inevitably be in either fishtail prongs or a bezel, preferably with some calibre sapphire sidestones. An AVC moissanite target ring with a french-cut sapphire frame would be delicious. Ooo, or with emeralds ....

:drifts off in a dreamy haze: