Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 01:56 AM,
RE: anyone seen the IRL of this?
That makes me want to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 10:30 AM,
Maybe I should reset my stone to that?? I love the other one I posted, but my stone is so small, 6mm, so maybe it needs a halo. or 2.

THEN, I could just change the head on the original, and the most "annoying" parts of the ring could be fixed. If I put a bigger stone in it, it could work...

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 01:40 PM,
I know you pine for a halo, even if you did deny it forever. Smile I also know you pine for LM's work.

On one hand.. I think this setting would totally rock for your original center cushion. And then you could put a new center (maybe a colored stone?) into your original setting, to keep it mostly in tact as Mr. Cent gave it to you. That might be gentle toward his feelings to not undo the whole original. Also, this style could be worn without a band as a RHR and not look too engagement-y, so you could wear it at the same time as your wedding sets on your left, instead of having to choose.

On the other hand... Maybe it would be more gentle to Mr. Cent to put the whole combo of your original stones into a more fluid/refined setting, thereby keeping all of the stones together as he gave them to you. If you split them up, would he feel like your original was "farmed out"?

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 01:50 PM,
He just keeps saying now I can do whatever I want, lol. Not in a girl way either. He is sincere. I think though he is most attached to the metal that touches my finger. He had always planned on getting me a bigger center stone and having me make a pendant or something with the old one. So I think he would prefer a minor tweak to the original, in the way of a new head. The head is actually too small for the space between the shank, so a head for a larger stone would fit there much better. Then it just leaves the half eternity that spins...but I could just add a few stones, right?? The setting of the side stones isn't horrible...slightly heavy but not horrible. So it won't be platinum but I can get over that.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 02:09 PM,
Do you ever wear the two band separately, or always as a set? Soldering them would be the easy answer for your spinning w-band. This is so obvious, there must be a reason you haven't already done it.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM,
No, always together. The ring spins too. I haven't soldered because I don't like them mashed together, lol. They are too matchy. The sparkle is good, but it lacks something. I tried on a thin band at Costco once, I think it had diamonds and rubies alternating. It looked great! I need something between the 2 to break it up, but one thing at a time. hahahaha

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-17-2013, 06:13 AM,
I need to see your original set again...

[-]
  •
02-17-2013, 06:26 AM,
yay. http://thefacetlounge.com/showthread.php?tid=59

[-]
  •
02-17-2013, 08:03 AM,
I think that would look beautiful with your diamond. It will look lovely with a double halo and less metal!