are you happy with your collection?
[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 10:57 AM,
are you happy with your collection?
I am a total waffler. I love to try things, and have found so many times that things I love, I don't love on ME.

So I buy and I sell and then buy some more, but rarely am I happy with my collection as a whole. Not that I don't love the pieces, it's more that I don't feel that things are cohesive.

I think I may have finally remedied that. Fingers crossed. I won't know until the newest additions are in my hands, but I have high hopes.

I have plenty of other things I want-don't get me wrong! AND I know what's next on the list. But for the first time I am really feeling like as a whole, I am happy with the feel of my pieces.

Are you happy with your choices? What have you learned along the way? What would you do differently? Dicuss!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 11:00 AM,
RE: are you happy with your collection?
I'm happy with what I have but I want to remake my cz band with moissy eventually. I have an eternity coming that will round things out a bit and I think I will be pretty satisfied once I set my new oec. I don't see myself selling any of the things I wear regularly now. Just adding new things along the way.

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 11:01 AM,
I must ruminate.

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 11:23 AM,
Hmmm......I love my oec stones and my settings, but I keep waffling on metal color. Ugh. Lol.

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 11:37 AM,
(05-03-2014, 11:01 AM)idahosubaru Wrote: I must ruminate.

Yeahthat

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 11:41 AM,
Hmmmm, I used to want lots of erings and a band for each. And some earrings. But now I want just one ering. Which is coming. And a few different bands I guess. So I will need to work on the bands. What is did not want before was right hand rings. But that has changed now, and now I want to use my moissy for rhrs. So I kinda switched gears on what I wanted my collection to be. And now I feel a bit like I am starting from scratch. The only thing that is how is want it is my Ella Bella set, lol. However, I think I am on the right track now.

So I want to reset my oval and set my pear for my right hand. And my 5 pink diamonds for my right hand. For daily wear pieces it will be my new set and I want some diamond studs. I am debating between using my original diamond and finding a match, or just sourcing a pair. Once all that is done, I will move on to a tennis bracelet.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 12:14 PM,
Well...

I love my vintage repro sapphire ring and my milgrain eternity. I absolutely adore my LM tourmaline. And my vintage diamond watch is on another level entirely. I can't wait to start my One to Rule Them All OMB masterpiece.

I hope I love my scroll bezel but I will admit that I am getting a bit ho hum about it. The diamond is taking up every sparkly thought I have. I know Schubach's will end up making it right but there was another email that they did not like the rework so they are starting over. Amazing customer service!

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 12:56 PM,
For the most part. I want my graduation ring and there is a pair of earrings on the bistro that I desperately want. Otherwise I'm happy Smile

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 02:54 PM,
I have multiple e-rings and it bothers me because I really don't like owning a lot of stuff. Especially expensive stuff. The problem is I like everything and then I change my mind. Big Grin Ideally I want one engagement ring, a plain wedding band and maybe 2-3 eternities. That's it for that hand. Then I already have my moissy studs and I'm good there. I'd like a pendant and maybe a bracelet. Boom. Bam! Simple. If only I could just commit to one e-ring and one stone and one size and one cut (whew!) then it'd be good. This is consuming way too much of my time and thinking yet I can't seem to shelf it but I'd like it settled once and for all.

[-]
  •
05-03-2014, 03:43 PM,
It seems like most of us just want a no fuss wedding set to wear everyday instead of having multiples. Me too! Hopefully the planned 3 stone is comfy enough to wear all the time.
I have diamond studs and a beautiful tennis bracelet so I'm all good there. But I've recently had to add an emerald cut emerald YG ring + moissy 5 stone + BP moissy halo + any sort of spinel ring to my wish list. Yikes! I'm pretty sure this all directly correlated to my TFL membership!

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten