asha and moissanite
[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 01:10 PM,
asha and moissanite
I was wondering if anyone has pictures of an asha oval and a moissanite oval? I kind of want to buy an asha jsut to have both, but really like the durability of moissanite. Huh I am just curious about both. Or an asha oec vs moissanite oec.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 01:18 PM,
RE: asha and moissanite
I have videos and pictures of Asha OECs vs. Amora OEC:

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/lor...brary/OECs

[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 01:25 PM,
If you can afford the moissy, I would go moissy.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 03:20 PM,
I can afford the moissanite just curious about the ashamed. Zach made a comment about me wanting a barely pink. So I'm sort of on the fence again maybe ill get a moissy and do the recut and the rose gold dreamy. Grrr I don't know.

[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 03:55 PM,
Asha is pretty much just cz, imo. It may have more depth than regular cz, but I think that is subjective. It is slightly more durable, but I see the same glassiness in many of the cuts. Moissy has more depth for my eyes.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-04-2012, 08:56 PM,
I like my OMC asha but I like moissy much much more because it has more depth and it does not have a blue hue when it gets in the sun like asha has. It's not as bad as other cz but it's there. Plus they get dirty really easily from my experience and like other said, durability is a factor.

[-]
  •
11-05-2012, 01:37 AM,
There are pros and cons for moissy and asha. But at the end of the day, asha looks and sparkles more like a diamond imo. Considering I busted a Bella Halo and a pearl but not even close to busting an Asha should say something for an Asha's durability. Just saying. Apparently, I'm VERY rough with my jewelry and I haven't come close to hurting an asha.

[-]
  •
11-05-2012, 01:37 AM,
I can't even get them dirty like I thought I would.

[-]
  •
11-05-2012, 03:04 AM,
I thin k as we are specifically speaking about ovals, I would go for moissanite. The asha oval looks nothing like most ovals, ie it's barion cut and most ovals are not.

I prefer moissy most of the time.

[-]
  •
11-05-2012, 06:21 AM,
The picture I saw on the asha oval on BTD reminded me of maybe an antique-esk cut. Maybe it was in my head. lol.