drooling over this!
[-]
  •
12-20-2014, 04:07 PM,
drooling over this!
I have you ladies to blame for getting me hooked on ripple pearls! They are just so gorgeous, and my latest obsession is this strand. Trying to stay strong because I can't afford any more jewelry right now! Hide Strand

Quote this message in a reply
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • MicheleZ
12-20-2014, 04:13 PM,
RE: drooling over this!
OOh, they are lovely. I like the discus like shapes.

(** I doubt they are Kasumi pearls though, as they have advertised them. That does make me wary a touch, but they look like fun ripples, and if you get the strand pictured I would think them well worth the money.)

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
12-20-2014, 04:22 PM,
Yes those would be "Kasumi" like pearls. Not actual Kasumi. However, they are beautiful! CC has a lot of those types.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-] The following 1 user Likes lovedogs's post:
  • MicheleZ
12-20-2014, 05:30 PM,
Yeah, I also assume they aren't real Kasumi, as the price is super low, but the shape just really appeals to me, along with the interesting texture. Damn Ebay making me want things Wink

[-]
  •
12-20-2014, 08:28 PM,
Kasumi like pearls are amazing lol

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
12-20-2014, 10:13 PM,
Yeah, I'm a huge fan of the kasumi "like" pearls. They are gorgeous!

[-]
  •
12-21-2014, 03:58 AM,
You probably would not get that specific strand though. There are lots of re-sellers pushing so-so and worse ripples on eBay and Alibaba.

[-]
  •
12-21-2014, 08:10 PM,
(12-21-2014, 03:58 AM)Pearlescence.co.uk Wrote: You probably would not get that specific strand though. There are lots of re-sellers pushing so-so and worse ripples on eBay and Alibaba.

yes, this for sure. Unless it says you'll receive the exact strand pictured, it is likely that you will not.

[-]
  •
12-22-2014, 03:04 AM,
As an experiment a while back I bought some strands through Alibaba. Without exception they promised good pearls for a good (but still reasonable price). What I got were pretty dire pearls for which I had paid well over the market price.
EBay is much the same. Disregard feedback. There are one or two reliable and reputable sellers on EBay, there may be some on Alibaba and there may be some on Amazon or QVC but you will never get the best pearls for the best prices from mass sellers. It just is not going to happen.