eBay pearls
[-]
  •
01-23-2015, 10:38 PM,
eBay pearls
just purchased these and patiently waiting. hopefully they're beautiful but you never know. i'll post up pictures when they arrive

http://www.ebay.com/itm/361179391483?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331446921472?_tr...EBIDX%3AIT

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 09:38 AM,
RE: eBay pearls
How exciting! Are these your first pearls?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 10:47 AM,
Gotta love pearly goodness. I'm not sure if it matters to you, but I would be very surprised if they were kasumi pearls. I suspect they are the chinese ripples, which we LOVE around these parts! Actually for *me* personally, I like the ripples better. Be sure to share photos.

[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 01:54 PM,
(01-24-2015, 09:38 AM)MrsK Wrote: How exciting! Are these your first pearls?

Yes they are! Pretty sure they're Edison pearls/Chinese ripples, just hoping their beautiful!

[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 03:02 PM,
omg @appletree I had those on my "watched" list for a while, as well as some other similar sets from the same vendor (I think). I really love them, but was too undecided about how I would feel in person...I can't wait for pics of yours!

[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 03:04 PM,
Hi appletree!
I have had varied success at buying off of ebay- it can be a little bit like gambling, you never know what you are going to get.

I think you are quite right about the first strand, and that they will be chinese freshwater ripples. Fingers crossed they are pretty, and please post pics when they arrive.

As an Australian I am cross at the listing saying the other pearls are Aussie South Sea Golden Angry Toofunny they are almost certainly freshwater too- and I am confused with the listing saying it is a 48 inch in the title and then 18 inch in the item description. Here is hoping it is 48! They look like they will have some nice lustre and can be easily dressed up or down- again, pics please!

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • stardust
01-24-2015, 03:57 PM,
I am a ripple freak!! I hope they are how you want them to be and I can't wait to see.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 05:19 PM,
@jenncent I was lusting after your ripple pearls in the 2014 jewelry box update! Need to save for some of my own, but feeling nervous about the eBay gamble. I didn't even know ripple pearls existed until you ladies introduced me to them. Gorgeous, but bad for the wallet lol Smile

[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 06:50 PM,
(01-24-2015, 05:19 PM)lovedogs Wrote: @jenncent I was lusting after your ripple pearls in the 2014 jewelry box update! Need to save for some of my own, but feeling nervous about the eBay gamble. I didn't even know ripple pearls existed until you ladies introduced me to them. Gorgeous, but bad for the wallet lol Smile

I have not tried ebay for pearls myself, but it seems like there are some definite wins! And some not so much wins... But the scores, are fabulous finds for a great price!

Catherine Cardellini is my go to for sure. I always like what I get and her pics are pretty accurate. Taking pics of pearls is *really* hard, so I do not fault vendors too harshly if their pics don't match up 100%, but in the case of Cathy, I have yet to get something and not see what she saw. Pearls of Joy is also pretty good, as is Kojima, imo.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-24-2015, 08:25 PM,
(01-24-2015, 03:04 PM)OoohShiny Wrote: Hi appletree!
I have had varied success at buying off of ebay- it can be a little bit like gambling, you never know what you are going to get.

I think you are quite right about the first strand, and that they will be chinese freshwater ripples. Fingers crossed they are pretty, and please post pics when they arrive.

As an Australian I am cross at the listing saying the other pearls are Aussie South Sea Golden Angry Toofunny they are almost certainly freshwater too- and I am confused with the listing saying it is a 48 inch in the title and then 18 inch in the item description. Here is hoping it is 48! They look like they will have some nice lustre and can be easily dressed up or down- again, pics please!

Eek! I didn't see that about the length! Just message them and hoping for 48! Agree, they really shouldn't list as Australia south seas, but sometimes listing like this is easier for people who use the check boxes to find what they want. Still, it's misleading! Hoping these purchases turn out ok!! In my research I did find Catherine C. But wanted to try eBay and only spent what I wouldn't miss as someone else put it....if it turns out bad, just don't tell my fiancé! He'll say I told you so, should've went with Catherine!!