ebay "oops"
[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • KTrencha
10-07-2014, 10:08 PM,
ebay "oops"
Just wanting to check if anyone else does the ebay 'oops' like me.

Example- browsing ebay, see pretty item I may like to have, bid on said item (as the price is waaaaay too low, and needs to be raised a bit) for fun, knowing full well you won't win it at that low price. Hide

And then you do. Confused

Oops. Angel

Just did this with a nice beefy 17mm/ 15mm white south sea pearl set in a yg and diamond pendant.

Am I sorry? Not really. Just wanting validation that I am not the only one who bids on stuff they don't plan to win.

I get distracted by shiny things
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-07-2014, 10:42 PM,
RE: ebay "oops"
I've done it! My problem is that I bid, figure that I'll get outbid, then get mad when I do.... Which turns into a bidding war. If I win the war, I'm sorry I started because the price ends up being higher than what i want. Confused

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-07-2014, 10:51 PM,
I had no intent of raising my bid on this one- but it was a bargain, so no matter.

I tend to be quite competitive, so I understand the bidding war aspect. My husband is the perfect ebayer, he just puts the highest price he wants to pay and will NEVER rebid. That is boring!

[-] The following 1 user Likes Dancer's post:
  • OoohShiny
10-07-2014, 11:33 PM,
I used to yes.. But I curbed bidding wars like Jenn by using a sniping service :p that way i can ask myself, how much do I really want to pay, max, then leave it up to fate lol.

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 12:06 AM,
I never bid unless I want the item. I wouldn't appreciate someone else raising the prices for kicks on an item I want, so I wouldn't do it to someone else. But i can see what you mean by an item having a price that is too low for the seller.

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 12:12 AM,
(10-08-2014, 12:06 AM)wiigal Wrote: I never bid unless I want the item. I wouldn't appreciate someone else raising the prices for kicks on an item I want, so I wouldn't do it to someone else. But i can see what you mean by an item having a price that is too low for the seller.

I should clarify that I do want/ like the items I bid on, and am perfectly happy to get them when they go for low prices. I am not trying to inconvenience other buyers. Winning just sometimes comes as a surprise, as I would never expect the item to go for the low price (thus the bit about don't plan to win, NOT don't plan to buy!)

@Dancer what sniping thingy do you use?

[-]
  •
10-08-2014, 08:54 AM,
I am very sad when I don't win my ebay auctions, lol. And I am a horroble sniper. I feel bad waiting to the last second like that, but oh well. Tongue @OoohShiny I would have tried to snipe those at the last minute to make sure no one could get them. haha

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dancer's post:
  • OoohShiny
10-08-2014, 11:07 AM,
@OoohShiny i totally understood that you meant to win the item when you bid on it, and weren't there to jack the price.

I use glixen! Love it.

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 08:23 AM,
I did a throw-away bid on something once. And won it. Wasn't expecting to... And a lovely diamond tennis bracelet came to live with us. LOL! Blush These days, I don't bid on anything. Disagree (But I've been known to do BINs...)

Looking forward to seeing your pearl treasures! Heart

[-]
  •
10-09-2014, 02:14 PM,
OOoh tennis bracelet! Smile

Thanks @CricketBug will be a couple of weeks I am sure before the pearly goodness arrives. Will post pics in the pearl forum if it is a good 'un. Pretty sure it will be, the ebay seller is regarded well, from what I can tell.