engraving on your wedding bands
[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 10:12 AM,
engraving on your wedding bands
Do any of you ladies have your wedding bands engraved? Zach wants to do engravings he wants them to say Death is cheaper than divorce. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. Confused I thought a simple saying that means something to both of us, yet he has said the death is cheaper things from the get go. Hide

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM,
RE: engraving on your wedding bands
Ermmm..thats not a nice outlook lol. Sorry he wants that!!

[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 11:17 AM,
Yeah, I would not want that on my ring unless it's a sentiment you share.

[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 11:22 AM,
that would get a Hell No from me. It is not romantic at all. Like you want to look down at your ring and think, well, even if we hate each other at some point, he won`t leave me..financially, it makes sense to stay together... no thanks.

Not getting married is the cheapest of all

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 11:59 AM,
Zach doesn't believe in divorce so I think thats where it comes from, and his military backgroung, but yeah I was hoping for something more romantic. lol. He wants that engraved on his ring not just mine.

[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 04:19 PM,
yes, ours were engraved. neither told the other what it was going to be before the wedding either.

I wouldn't be comfortable with what he wants to put on there. I'm sorry. Sad

[-]
  •
11-02-2012, 05:07 PM,
Hmmm, since he's saying marriage is forever...... how about you split the difference and get "Love you forever" or "Always and forever"....... something more palatable :p

[-]
  •
11-03-2012, 08:58 PM,
I wouldn't like that either. I had MrK's ring engraved to say "Home is wherever I'm with you." He had mine engraved to say "Forever after my Gemini rose." I recently got a thin, plain band to go with my new ring and I got the free engraving from eweddingbands. It says:
M + R 08.02.2012

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.