family heirloom ring without the heirloom
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 02:45 PM,
Well lots of u followed my other thread. I was hoping to take my late grandmother's solitaire and have it made into a new double halo with a plain split shank and an inner halo of rose gold. Well Amcor has been amazing thru the process and had tried to help locate my ring lost in the NYC PO but it has still not turned up. My USPS claim was denied bc I dont have an invoice for a .47 ct white gold diamond ring since it has been in my family for close to 100 years. @poppyseed and I decided to put a .5 ct moissy in it and OMG it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Crossing my fingers the diamond reappears bc I dont want to look at this beautiful ring with that sadness...here are pics (size 8.5).

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

I LOVE IT!!

PS If anyone knows how to get insurance money from USPS without an invoice please pm me! I only insured it for $500 (well under value) and it was priceless.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 02:50 PM,
RE: family heirloom ring without the heirloom

It is cloudy out but here it is outside.

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 02:51 PM,
Well lots of u followed my other thread. I was hoping to take my late grandmother's solitaire and have it made into a new double halo with a plain split shank and an inner halo of rose gold. Well Amcor has been amazing thru the process and had tried to help locate my ring lost in the NYC PO but it has still not turned up. My USPS claim was denied bc I dont have an invoice for a .47 ct white gold diamond ring since it has been in my family for close to 100 years. @poppyseed and I decided to put a .5 ct moissy in it and OMG it is BEAUTIFUL!!! Crossing my fingers the diamond reappears bc I dont want to look at this beautiful ring with that sadness...here are pics (size 8.5).

I LOVE IT!!

PS If anyone knows how to get insurance money from USPS without an invoice please pm me! I only insured it for $500 (well under value) and it was priceless.

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 02:52 PM,

[-] The following 1 user Likes MicheleZ's post:
  • KTrencha
09-22-2014, 03:00 PM,
Beautiful - I so hope you get the ring back.

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 03:09 PM,
@impatientlywaiting - I don't get it. How are you supposed to have an invoice for a family heirloom diamond? Would they have accepted an appraisal certificate for insurance purposes?

And I'm very sorry for your loss. Praying that special diamond makes it's way back to you

She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten
[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 03:44 PM,
They should accept any document substantiating the value, insurance papers, appraisals, a jeweler's agreement from when you left the ring at a jeweler for work, anything like that. Do you have a local jeweler who ever dealt with the ring and might be willing to put such a document together for you now?

I hope it turns up! I have had shipments lost for well over a month show up out of the blue a little later. Unfortunately also have had some that were never seen or heard from again

This is just heartbreaking Cry

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 03:58 PM,

One more of sparkle. So pretty.

My gram died in 2006 and her estate was settled by an aunt i dont speak to. She fave me the ring a few months before she passed. She was married to my grandpa for 50 years and this was from a ring his mom (my great gram) had given her. Unfortunately this wasnt even in her will since she had given her jewelry away ahead of time. My mom was looking for anything to show value with no luck. There were 2 jewelers in the town i live in and one went out of business years ago. The other looked at the ring before i sent it to amcor only to tell me it was indeed a .47 ct diamond so i could order the right size setting. I am kicking myself. usps sucks.

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 09:03 PM,
Your new ring is absolutely gorgeous! Heart I am so sorry your grandmothers ring hasn't turned up. I will say a little prayer that it finds its way back to you. Bighug

[-]
  •
09-22-2014, 09:14 PM,
Beautiful....praying your heirloom turns up-

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!