finally.. cushion ruby!
[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 04:34 PM,
finally.. cushion ruby!
I finally got my custom antique cushion cut ruby! It was cut from a much bigger stone, but still came in around 11mm.. Crackup seriously still HUGE for me at least! i don't mind though because i love large colored stones and have no problem rocking them!

The pretty color and inclusions are hard to capture through my iPhone, but it is one super pretty stone! I love the color and can't wait to figure out what to do with it! I was thinking either a solitaire OR three stone with baby heart or pear sides!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Here is a compare with my 8MM blue asscher and 9.5MM pink sapphire.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 04:37 PM,
RE: finally.. cushion ruby!
I loooooove it @ JooJooBee4 !!!! Where, pray tell, did you find this beauty???

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 04:39 PM,
Wow awesome stones!

There's broke....and then there is whatever I am...*cry*
[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:19 PM,
@EarthDiva actually a super big thanks to you! It is from Lee Smile I had reached out to him a few months ago and he only had some super huge ovals in stock. I asked about a re-cutting fee and he was happy to do that. It did take a lot longer about a month longer than any other order from him, but it turned out beautifully!!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:34 PM,
Yumm! Great ruby chunkiness!!

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:35 PM,
[quote='JooJooBee4' pid='105585' dateline='1395530346']
@EarthDiva actually a super big thanks to you! It is from Lee Smile I had reached out to him a few months ago and he only had some super huge ovals in stock. I asked about a re-cutting fee and he was happy to do that. It did take a lot longer about a month longer than any other order from him, but it turned out beautifully!!!!!!!!!

This is a gorgeous stone!!! Wow. You have theeeee most beautiful jewelry. I want to be you when I grow up!

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:37 PM,
(03-22-2014, 05:19 PM)JooJooBee4 Wrote: @EarthDiva actually a super big thanks to you! It is from Lee Smile I had reached out to him a few months ago and he only had some super huge ovals in stock. I asked about a re-cutting fee and he was happy to do that. It did take a lot longer about a month longer than any other order from him, but it turned out beautifully!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! It looks so gorgeous, JooJoo! I thought it looked familiar. Smile I'm wearing my pear from Lee today and it also just does not look like itself in pics! It's one of my favorite stones and it is just soooo hard to photograph! I cannot for the life of me get a single pic that captures it. These rubies look so different in person, right? I get more compliments on my pear ruby than any other ring I own...people stop me all the time freaking out over it. I cannot wait to see your cushion in a ring! It would be amazing in a 3 stone with pear or heart sides. HeartHeartHeart I regret setting mine in a solitaire I think the large rubies/sapphires *neeeeed* side stones.

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:38 PM,
@ JooJooBee4 who is Lee?

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:38 PM,
Please forgive me. I am not quite sure how to reply to posts without leaving your message. Would you help me out?

[-]
  •
03-22-2014, 05:41 PM,
I think little heart sides would be so very romantic and perfect with the red of the ruby. You could call her "Queen of Hearts"!!! And 11mm is awesome on you.