first world problems
[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 04:36 PM,
first world problems
My DH thinks we should leave my original as is, just sitting. In case a DD wants it. I can agree on a level, because it is part of our history, from before them, and one of them might want it in 25-30 years. But then part of me wants the diamonds, lol. There is over 1.5ct of rb side stones I could do stuff with. Like an eternity band or blingy earring jackets. And the center stone would make a great earring...I would just need a match for it. I feel greedy, and I want all the sparkles. It seems like a waste to leave 2.5ct+ of diamonds sitting around waiting, no? But then can I really take it apart???

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 04:44 PM,
RE: first world problems
yes take it apart, no question, but I am not really sentimental about stuff. I am more of a pragmatist. I would have a hard time just letting 2.5ct worth of diamonds sitting around gathering dust.

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 04:51 PM,
Me too. I would have a blingy eternity and a pendant.

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 04:58 PM,
That is what I think too, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:07 PM,
(01-29-2014, 04:44 PM)poppyseed Wrote: yes take it apart, no question, but I am not really sentimental about stuff. I am more of a pragmatist. I would have a hard time just letting 2.5ct worth of diamonds sitting around gathering dust.

+1

I feel this way, too. Plus, odds are that your DD's may not even want the rings or would use the stones and reset them. Also, I'd bet money this will not be the last diamond you buy over the next 2-3 decades!

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:12 PM,
And I could keep the setting. If they really wanted it, we could always put it back together, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:26 PM,
It is your engagement ring, so I would think that you should listen to the part of you that longs to use what you can from it. At least you could wear some of those precious, sentimentally valuable (and otherwise valuable) stones. And I think keeping the setting is a great idea, because then you can put it back together if you want!
Have I seen pics of this original set? I don't feel like I have somehow...

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:29 PM,
(01-29-2014, 05:07 PM)EarthDiva Wrote: I feel this way, too. Plus, odds are that your DD's may not even want the rings or would use the stones and reset them. Also, I'd bet money this will not be the last diamond you buy over the next 2-3 decades!

Yeahthat

I say take it apart!

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:31 PM,
I would take it apart and this way YOU can still wear and love the stones...and whatever you make out of them can still be passed down to your daughters

[-]
  •
01-29-2014, 05:33 PM,
it is this!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

If I used all the side stones and the band stones, it would be enough for an eternity I think.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers