french wire earrings?
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 06:02 AM,
french wire earrings?
Hi-I want to reset my antique diamond earrings into new settings. I have been thinking about maybe instead of studs, I would do a short French wire? Does anyone have any photos of ones you own or inspiration photos? I would want them super short, what would be the right length? thanks in advance!

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

*loving all things diamond, old and new, with art deco flare!
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:11 AM,
RE: french wire earrings?
Do you mean just the wire curved to a hook shape?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:16 AM,
(02-18-2015, 11:11 AM)jenncent Wrote: Do you mean just the wire curved to a hook shape?

Yes. I was trying to figure out the reasons why I never have worn studs and why I want them reset already. I think I am just better off with a tiny dangly.

On other sites, I am aka JadoreDiamonds or ArtdecoLover71 but trying to keep it to one name now :-)

[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:33 AM,
I have had some of these, but I fnd they never stay in my ears. I know some ladies here have some with pearls... I am thinking @MrsK and @OoohShiny and @stardust.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:40 AM,
(02-18-2015, 11:33 AM)jenncent Wrote: I have had some of these, but I fnd they never stay in my ears. I know some ladies here have some with pearls... I am thinking @MrsK and @OoohShiny and @stardust.

YIKES! The studs always felt like they were going to come out, that is part of why I don't like. I must have thick lobes lol. But I cannot afford to have diamonds on wires falling out lol. maybe a wire with nut attached ? lol

[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:47 AM,
Or a clasp like thing, like a lever back? I think I have read of people putting a clear plastc back on them, like from Claire's or something. I would definitley want to test the style with some cheapies first.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:51 AM,
(02-18-2015, 11:47 AM)jenncent Wrote: Or a clasp like thing, like a lever back? I think I have read of people putting a clear plastc back on them, like from Claire's or something. I would definitley want to test the style with some cheapies first.

All my daily earrings have always been a wire with a little backing pushed on and I haven't had an issue. But they were never high value like these. I definitely need something to keep the wire in place!

[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 11:59 AM,
(02-18-2015, 11:47 AM)jenncent Wrote: Or a clasp like thing, like a lever back? I think I have read of people putting a clear plastc back on them, like from Claire's or something. I would definitley want to test the style with some cheapies first.

Definitely use the plastic disc on the back and voila, they'll stay put imo. What size stones are you thinking? That may help determine the size of the wire.

[-] The following 1 user Likes ArtdecoLover71's post:
  • Slick
02-18-2015, 12:01 PM,
(02-18-2015, 11:59 AM)Slick Wrote:

Definitely use the plastic disc on the back and voila, they'll stay put imo. What size stones are you thinking? That may help determine the size of the wire.

Hiya- they are the ones I bought back in the fall. They are 1.76 tcw. OECs .

[-]
  •
02-18-2015, 12:02 PM,
Oops 1.56!