gold colours
[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 06:19 PM,
gold colours
especially for lorrissey Wink

My dh is pretty dark with olive undertones. His band is 18k yellow, then there is 14k yellow, 14k rose (polished and brushed), 18k peach, then 18k rose.

The 18k yellow and 14k rose are best on his skin. The peach gold and 18k rose gold are very orange. Same with the 14k yellow on him.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 06:30 PM,
RE: gold colours
That is neat. Its cool to see how different the gold colors look on him compared to what they look like on you. I think it is also interesting that the 14K rose gold sort of "matches" his skin tone, yet it also matches MrK's as well and MrK has a lighter skin color.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM,
Very cool to see the comparison!!! Smile The color/karat REALLY make a HUGE difference with different skin tones...

Sold on Schubach :)
[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM,
It is neat. It is the opposite of my skin. The 14k is so harsh on me, but the 18k is blendy, the exact reverse of how they look on him.

I am not sure if it is helpful to people or not though, lol. I think it is kind of a trial and error thing, to find the blend that matches you best.

For yellow gold, the 18k looks better on me too, and the 14k looks green. On DH the 14k is just brassy.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 07:23 PM,
YESSS!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

[-]
  •
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM,
Thanks Jenn. I have been wondering the same thing! Smile