help with my rings :(****Update!****
[-]
  •
06-15-2013, 12:55 PM,
help with my rings :(****Update!****
Hi ladies! I am in need of some help/opinions. My engagement ring and wedding band came from moissaniteco and when they came they both had a warp to them. Moissaniteco did their best to fix it but there has always been a slight warp. I now have the third band and it too has a slight warp. I am sure I could send this one back and have them fix it but I have not spoken to the company about that yet. Since I live in canada, sending off for repairs can be expensive. The three bands don't always sit very nice together. I have a kind of "sweet spot" where I can get them looking pretty good, but it sometimes takes some fiddeling to get it there. I have attached a picture of the set at its very best.
I contacted DK about making the engagement ring into a cathedral style so that all three bands are not flush with each other but this would cost me another $350. I have already had him fix it once for $200 and I feel like I have spent a small fortune sending these rings back and forth. I live in Canada and the customs fees can be rough. What should I do? Do I spend some money and hopefully be happy with what DK can make? I am just so unhappy with this set and I feel like I have spent so much on it I am frustrated. Help!
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
06-15-2013, 01:05 PM,
RE: help with my rings :(
ps- the two older bands need a dip that is why they are a different color.

[-]
  •
06-15-2013, 01:10 PM,
Maybe they can be soldered together in the position you have them so they always look their best?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
06-15-2013, 08:13 PM,
Where did you get the third band? And why are they warping? too thin? you are wearing them while carrying heavy things like boxes or grocery bags?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-15-2013, 09:34 PM,
The only simple solution I can think of is MrsK's suggestion to get them soldered together to make them a single Sturdy Gertie. Or do you not always wear the three together and you want to keep them separate for flexibility of adding/subtracting from day to day?

Would you be interested in resetting the stones in your two bands into two channel set bands? Or maybe burnish the stones in a band etoile style? Those styles would be a lot more solid and warp-free, but with your prong-set shank in the center it may become too chaotic for your style.

The other idea I have is to cut your losses and get a different setting all together. Hide I know that's probably a painful idea in terms of budget, though. You could affordably do a plain solitaire without side stones for your center stone, and then you'd have a base to grow from in the future. You could start with your existing two bands as stackers and then upgrade them over time. But still, ideas don't turn into reality without a price tag, right? Sad

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
06-16-2013, 01:25 AM,
They actually came warped. It is quite slight so I can understand why it was not noticed when they were sent out but it is quite noticable when putting them all together. Thanks for the responses ladies!

[-]
  •
06-16-2013, 04:39 AM,
Hold the phone.....contact Moissaniteco and explain the situation. You should be able to stack these rings comfortably and I certainly would NOT solder them togetherDisagree

There has to be a way of returning these rings for repair, without incurring customs charges etc.

Give them the opportunity to put this right. You shouldn't have to throw more money at this. I totally understand why you are unhappy.Angry

Merlin

If I didn't get any joy with them, I would bring out the big guns, and let my husband speak to them.

[-]
  •
06-16-2013, 08:42 AM,
Merlin, I believe Sara has contacted them in the past and possibly had repairs done by them as well.

Sara, where did you get the 3rd band? Did that come warped too or did it happen after?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
06-16-2013, 10:26 AM,
Another thing Sara, is that they look snug. Thin bands can warp, that is a given. The pushing and pulling of snug bands will make it worse, faster though.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
06-16-2013, 04:05 PM,
The first 2 are from moissaniteco, it was a fiascotrying to get them fixed and I was treated like crap. All three bands came that way from the seller but the third is in MUCH better shape than the first two were. I believe that it must be an issue with the setting. I have contacted the vendor to talk about it so I don't want to post who the vendor is until I get a response. I imagine it will be much better than the response I recieved from moissaniteco. It really is a nice band and the vendor was great to work with. I don't want it to come off like I am complaining after I told them I liked the band.....I am just torn about what to do.I do not want them fused together, I know that for sure. They actually are not snug, they are no struggle to get off, I am not sure why they look like that in that photo. I had just come out of the bath tub when I took that photo.