kind of sad-kind of long
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 01:35 PM,
Sad  kind of sad-kind of long
Girls,
I am kind of sad over my moissanite OEC. First, I do love it, BUT the color it looks in the car bugs the hell right out of me. I love the sparkle, I love the white warmth it has, and more. The longer I own it the more I grow to hate it in the car. Is there anything I can do?

Now the other part: Since the car color bugs me I want to upgrade my ering and add a wedding band with the barely pink (a project I have in the works), but I just don't know how to tell my DH that I want to get a new ring. I showed him the ring I want and he said thats kinda ugly. I don't know if he said that so I didn't want it, or if he really thinks its ugly. What would you girls do?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM,
RE: kind of sad-kind of long
On one hand, I say wear what you like - who cares what he thinks? However, it is your ering. No advice on the car thing. I have yet to test mine out in a car. Is this usually because it is darker in the car?

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 01:58 PM,
I don't what it is about the car, but yeah, mine's not that great in the car either. My old oval moissy was AWFUL in the car, but that stone was just straight up green. But yes, I hated it so much I would spin it around in the car so I or no one else would see it.

I would just tell him the truth.. Tell him you're not 100% happy with the ring. I might even show him the color thing. Let him know that this ring is a symbol of your relationship and you don't want to look down and think gross or be unhappy. You want to look down and be happy and sparkly eyed and in love.

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM,
Yes! That oval moissy was terrible in the car! I've noticed that most moissy isn't too good looking in mine, but have tinted windows. Even my diamonds show extra color (though not like a moissy does) when I'm in the car. If you like it at all other times then I would keep what you have. No matter what there will always be instances where a stone simply does not look good.

[-] The following 4 users Like jenncent's post:
  • Dragonfly, Jezebel, MicheleZ, stardust
03-29-2013, 02:17 PM,
yeah...I know all about the car, lol. I hate mine in there too. Stop looking it in there, lol, that is really the best advice, because if it is anything like mine, it is gorgeous everywhere else.

As for him not like the design... my DH is not in love with all of mine and he gets over it. LOL, get what you love, life is short.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • Jezebel
03-29-2013, 02:33 PM,
yeah, the car is like an evil curse to all moissanite. I have no idea why, but it's totally true. Like the others I'd say just don't look at it in there. Accept that your moissanite is under an evil spell in the car and turns into a bit of a troll, but that the princess emerges EVERYWHERE else. At least that is what I tell myself!

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 02:44 PM,
I sit in the very back of our large SUV, with tan interior and tinted windows. Evil Troll is right. My barely pink back there shows no pink at all, just champagne.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 03:02 PM,
I think cars are so enclosed without enough light that it doesn't help the stones glow. Moissanite reflects the color around it too, so that is another factor.

Are you going to put the barely pink in your current setting?

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 03:21 PM,
Im still doing my other project, but I tell ya if they can get moissanite looking white in the car then I think they got it. lol! Im glad mine isn't the only one that gets evil in the car.

[-]
  •
03-29-2013, 03:24 PM,
(03-29-2013, 03:02 PM)MrsK Wrote: I think cars are so enclosed without enough light that it doesn't help the stones glow. Moissanite reflects the color around it too, so that is another factor.

Are you going to put the barely pink in your current setting?

MrsK I have actually making a whole different setting. Its a thin halo and thin shank done in micropave. Its not anything super original, but everytime I see it my heart flutters. Smile