moissy bezel eternity help
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 02:02 PM,
moissy bezel eternity help
I recently got the larger bezel eternity ring from Berricle, and I love it. It's low profile, comfortable, practical, etc. In other words, I adore this ring.
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/BERRICLE-Sterling-...l+eternity

I'd love to get a moissy version (3mm moissies). I love how low profile the Berricle ring is (maybe 2-2.5mm?). Some eternities look a bit tall and bulky on the sides, and I would like something as low profile as possible. I'd rather go with a stock setting if possible to keep the cost down.

The only ring I've found so far in a similar style is this one from MoCo:
http://www.moissaniteco.com/30mm-moissan...-5506.html
Anyone have this ring (or setting), or have a vendor/model recommendation for a bezel band?

I'd also like to know your thoughts on half vs. full eternities. I haven't had kids yet - would a full eternity be a bad idea?

Thanks!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 03:07 PM,
RE: moissy bezel eternity help
Hi and welcome!

I don't have much to offer re options for bezel set band, but I would say that getting a 3/4 eternity could be a good thing if you have any suspicion that your fingers may swell. That way there is juuuust enough metal to resize, but a whole lot of bling!

The + of a full eternity though, is that when the ring spins it does not matter!

Hopefully some more helpful comments than mine will follow Smile

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 06:46 PM,
I had that particular ring from MoCo. I had it modified to half and alternated moissanite with Chatham sapphires. I really loved it. It doesn't look as bulky in person as it does in the stock photo. I believe it is from Unique, though Adwar has a setting like that too.

I prefer half or 3/4 eternities for myself. I don't like stones on the bottom of my hand. It doesn't bother me when my rings spin either. 3/4 eternities seem to take care of that issue for me though.

[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 07:36 PM,
I have not had that band, but I prefer full eternities. I don't like spinning, and I like my rings loose, so they do tend to spin.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 07:55 PM,
(01-28-2014, 07:36 PM)jenncent Wrote: I have not had that band, but I prefer full eternities. I don't like spinning, and I like my rings loose, so they do tend to spin.

Same. I always prefer a full eternity - I like the look of the diamonds on the underside of my hand Wink

And my *actual* finger size is a 4.75 or a hair under, but I buy most rings in a 6 - I kind of love them all loose and floppy.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-28-2014, 08:05 PM,
@poldies4 we are exactly the same in how we wear our rings. And I also like to see diamonds in the underside of my hand. LOL, silly little things, but it makes me happy.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 09:26 PM,
I also love full eternities and would buy one larger than I generally wear. That Berricle ring you bought looks great. You should be able to see if the size is comfortable for you. My bit of advice would be not to buy rings for the future. Buy what you love now. Tastes change all the time and you can't anticipate what you want later on.

[-]
  •
01-28-2014, 10:45 PM,
I've wondered about this ring... Do you have pictures posted somewhere on your finger? I like low profile too. I would love to see how it looks on you.

[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 10:30 AM,
Thank you, ladies. You all give good advice. I'm a bit torn between 1/2, 3/4, and full eternity still - I tend to agree with MrsK, but boy those full eternities are so pretty! Barlan, you raise a good point about buying rings for what you love instead of for the future. In the end I should just pick what I love.

Eme, I'll post a picture later today of the Berricle eternity.

[-]
  •
01-30-2014, 03:27 PM,
I have a bubble bezel in an Adwar setting, as opposed to the Unique setting that MoCo uses. The Adwar is softer, especially at the top surface. There is less metal between the stones and the top edges are a bit more rounded. Mine is 2mm stones.

Here are some photos of it next to my prong set 2mm. It's kind of surprising how much bigger the bezel set stones look. (Sorry about my dry rhino hand in the last shot.)

I have to do full eternities because I have major spinning issues. I used to have a half-eternity and I had to right it once every 15 minutes. It drove me nuts beyond nuts. However, if I didn't have this spinning issue, I would be all over a half or 3/4 eternity for practical reasons -- the financial savings and the worry free durability at the palm.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Sharp mind, soft belly.