odd ring size
[-]
  •
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM,
odd ring size
So... technically I'm a size 5.5. At least that's what every jeweler tells me.

But when I wear two rings (e-ring and w-band) at a size 5.5, it's a little too muffin toppy.

So I got Bella in a size 5.75 to compensate. My w-band is a size 5.5.

The 5.75 is loose. It's not sooooo loose that it's flying off my hand, but pretty close. I think because it's so top heavy with the big basket, it tends to move quite a bit. If my hands are cold the ring will spin all the way around.

Also, I really don't like how my band looks smaller than my e-ring. I know -- picky picky. It's why I didn't like my thin eternity band. It was sized up for stacking and well because it's an eternity and you can't size them, but I hated how much wider it was than my other rings.

So... I'm wondering if it's possible to get my e-ring and w-band sized to somewhere between a 5.5 and 5.75. Like a size 5.65.

Is this even possible?

Would it be easier to size my band to a 5.75 and get sizing beads on Bella?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-19-2012, 07:34 PM,
RE: odd ring size
you are probably 5 5/8. You could resize to that for sure.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-19-2012, 08:31 PM,
my engagement ring is 5 5/8, I am sure you can get it done!

[-]
  •
11-20-2012, 09:27 AM,
we are hand twins! my fingers used to be much smaller but they are now in a place where while 5.5 is good for a single ring, 5.75 is too big even when stacked.

well, hand twins other than the fact that yours are much prettier. I mean in size only. Blush

[-]
  •
11-20-2012, 12:26 PM,
If Bella doesn't sell when the DB listing expires, I'm keeping her. and 5 5/8 it is!

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 06:48 AM,
Lorrissey, I am a 6.75 according to most Jewelers in my area but my new ring is big too. I am scared to go to a 6.5 afraid of the muffin tops, but more afraid in summer the smaller size wont accomodate my swelling of fingers. lol

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 07:41 AM,
(11-24-2012, 06:48 AM)ali_roxx Wrote: Lorrissey, I am a 6.75 according to most Jewelers in my area but my new ring is big too. I am scared to go to a 6.5 afraid of the muffin tops, but more afraid in summer the smaller size wont accomodate my swelling of fingers. lol

That's not the worst position to be in-I know I swell a lot so sometimes I wear my 5.75 ring with a band to make sure it stays put. Other times, no band! If it were a scootch bigger I'd have gone for sizing beads, but so far it's been okay.

[-]
  •
11-24-2012, 09:52 AM,
Don't think of sizing it Ali, until you have you band with it. You could do something temp for now. Like ring snuggies from Walmart, or some tiny drops of hot glue from a glue gun.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website