omc thoughts?
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:11 PM,
omc thoughts?
I have come across this stone a few times thinking about pulling the trigger, but I have some reservations about the feathering and clarity. The seller says from 18 inches away it's eye clean, but I'm not sure if that is too much to bug me. The stone was clarity enhanced and protected by OWDs.

2.84 cts M Color SI2 clarity (after clarity enhancement) eye clean
9.3mm X 9.3 mm

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Adam doesn't have much in my specs or budget right now so I think going second hand or maybe just waiting is best.. I know searching for the perfect match takes time Wink

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:15 PM,
RE: omc thoughts?
I would only buy if you got to play with it in person and could cope with the imperfections.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 02:22 PM,
The stone is final sale.. and I'm not close enough to see it in person Sad It's a large purchase, but the stone is pretty and videos very well. I love just love the warmth and faceting pattern!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 03:18 PM,
I would pass on it. It is pretty, but the clarity would bug me a lot.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 03:34 PM,
When the right one comes along JJB, you won't need to hesitate. Given you can't 'visit' with the stone first, I too would pass on it.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 03:37 PM,
I don't have a "you have to do it!" feeling about it, if that helps.

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 03:54 PM,
Thanks ladies I am in the same boat as all of you.. I just need some reassurance Smile I guess you are right the right one will come along when it's time!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 04:16 PM,
I like the shape and faceting but the clarity would be a no go for me too. Also in every pic I have seen of that ring something about the color bothers me. It almost looks green which is also a no go on a diamond for me.

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 04:22 PM,
That's a purty big face up size for a 2.84ct isn't it? Would that mean it's shallow? I don't know much about that sort of thing, but that would be a concern for me, esp not seeing it in person. It's hard to pass up an awesome diamondy deal though, I feel for you @ JooJooBee4 !

[-]
  •
03-31-2014, 04:30 PM,
Yep it faces up big, but the shallowness doesn't take away much from the light performance from what I saw in the videos!! Thank for some reassurance @idahosubaru and @sparkledancer!