paste jewelry
[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • sparkletiger
10-06-2013, 09:27 AM,
paste jewelry
sparkletiger-here you go!

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...-diamonds/

http://www.morninggloryjewelry.com/paste...id-67.html

I have a lot of really lovely art deco paste jewelry that was given to me by my grandmother. I'll dig some up and post it! I am a big fan, personally.

Really, it's another sim option for jewelry that hasn't been discussed at length here so it's high time we start talking!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 09:38 AM,
RE: paste jewelry
(10-06-2013, 09:27 AM)stardust Wrote: sparkletiger-here you go!

http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/...-diamonds/

http://www.morninggloryjewelry.com/paste...id-67.html

I have a lot of really lovely art deco paste jewelry that was given to me by my grandmother. I'll dig some up and post it! I am a big fan, personally.

Really, it's another sim option for jewelry that hasn't been discussed at length here so it's high time we start talking!
Stardust! Thank you so much. I don't know how I missed this paste thing since I watch Antiques Roadshow on BBC religiously. Huh
Anyway, it sounds like a very high quality glass that is just not available any more and is getting more and more valuable as less and less true works of art survive. Wow! It was an eye opener for me. But, gosh, in the second article those pieces are so gorgeous....HeartHeartHeart
You are a lucky thing to have inherited some pieces from your grandmother!

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 09:45 AM,
I posted this a few weeks ago-this is an aurora borealis paste bracelet from my grandmother.

It's gorgeous and has earrings that match.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • mrsmay07
10-06-2013, 09:46 AM,
paste bracelets....
Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 09:52 AM,
Stardust, that first bracelet is amazing, so is the second one. I remember that first one you were wearing the other day. I remember thinking (are they OEC diamonds?). Stunning!!!! I am really falling in love with paste.HeartLoveLoveLoveLoveLoveLove

You can pull off the look too, you look like a girl from Victorian era in that picture, you have that aristocratic look about you.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 10:05 AM,
I love that Star! It is stunning!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 11:40 AM,
I am a aurora borealis freak...and want that bracelet!!! Gorgeous!!

Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 12:40 PM,
Those pieces are lovely. I will have to find my jewelry box that is still in a box somewhere and get pictures for you guys of a necklace my great grandmother gave to me before she passed on, I don't know if the stones are paste but maybe someone here might be able to.

[-]
  •
10-06-2013, 02:03 PM,
I'm just now getting into paste. I'm so in love!

I know there's whole a collector's world out there of antique paste, and vintage costume...I'm intrigued by it and I have seen so many lovely pieces!!! Whole new world for me that is a) more affordable b) original to the era c) highly collectable

[-]
  •
10-07-2013, 05:12 AM,
Oooh! I didn't realize that Aurora Borealis is another name for paste. My mom has some very pretty pieces from my grandmother!