pendant/necklace ideas
[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:12 PM,
pendant/necklace ideas
I'm about 105% positive that Bella is the one for me and I can stop looking at rings (for now).

My next project will be a pendant and earrings, but I'll start with the pendant.

I know I want a BGD "Barbara with Miligrain". But I'm unsure of 2 things.

-Do I want platinum or Rose Gold?

and

-Should I use a 6.5mm Asha OEC or a 6.5mm Asha ACC?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:14 PM,
RE: pendant/necklace ideas
What is Bella going into? Platinum or rose gold? I forgot.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:15 PM,
I should note that this will probably be an everyday piece.

[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:19 PM,
yeah... I don't think I posted my whole RG vs. Plat debate on the Bella. It just so happened that Erica had a RG 2-tone Bella with an Anya shank that I could have chosen.

(photos of both settings I was offered: http://jewelsbyericagrace.smugmug.com/Je...&k=DJC3gH8)

But I ended up going for the Platinum. From the photos it seemed a little more delicate. Looks like JbEG's new bench can't handle the delicate proportions of their settings and all the newer stuff that was just made is quite chunky. Also, I preferred the plain shank, so I decided to go with the all Platinum one.

[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:20 PM,
If it's an everyday piece, I would do platinum to match. I would do an ACC, just to have something different.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:21 PM,
Actually... now that I think about it.. you're right. I do want to stick with the platinum.

I'm truly torn on the ACC vs. OEC though.

[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:23 PM,
I like things to be sets. So I would choose platinum, since that is what your everyday ring is.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:28 PM,
are you having it set bezel? I think cushions look best in baskets and rounds look best in a bezel slider/

[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:30 PM,
I'm drawn to the OEC, because I have always liked the round shape for pendants and also, the round shape would be echoed in Jules and Bella and the Twin.

However, like MrsK suggested -- I'm drawn to the ACC because it will be just a little different and not so matchy matchy. and I was offered the 6.5mm ACC with culet for the same price as the 6.5mm OEC so the price is great.

[-]
  •
10-11-2012, 06:31 PM,
Yes, it will be bezel set with miligrain.