Hold off on the band
Design a completely custom band
[Show Results]

sad news about Arabella's matching band-need help
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 09:03 AM,
Sad  sad news about Arabella's matching band-need help
OK..so I got an email from DK late last night about Arabellas matching band. In case you don't remember its this one:

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

David was going to make this for me and hand forge it. Normally these kinds of bands are twisted together and you use this "rope pulling machine" I guess..which david doesn't have. He had two different guys working on it, but they just can't get it to come together smoothly without the machine Cry He sent me a picture...and it isn't right. The pieces individually are fine and the twist rope is fine, but it is when trying to braid them together that is the problem....SO I now need to decide what to do...HELP!!!

I guess my options are this:

1. He said he could make me a plain white gold band with a rose twist embeded (sort of) in the middle if I would like.

2. I could order it from the site that I found the inspiration ring on..if I can customize the colors. Also it would not be 4mm (unless they can customize that too..then the price would change) as they make it in 3.5mm and 4.5mm. (ok I did call the original ring site and they can make it with either the rose gold with white twist..or white gold with rose twist for roughly the same price. However if i want 4mm instead of 3.5 or 4.5 it does change a little)

3. I can hold of on the band completely...WHAAA!! CryCry

4. I can come up with another completely custom design and see if he can make it for me...but I am brain dead and can't think of some unique ideas at the moment.

I know if I design something else I want it unique. That is why I like the twisty bands..not that no one ever has them...but the kind that I picked is not a normal kind...you just don't see everyone with them. You see all kinds of people with the twisted rope kind..or all kinds of variation on the twist, but not the two braided together, and that is what I liked about it.

Sooo..what do you all think? I told him I would email him later today with an idea of what I wanted to do...so HELP!!! lolHuhDizzy

maybe I should make a poll and go from there? Ok..Ill make a poll, but please post comments too if you would like to help!

EDTA: updated info on original ring site.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 09:05 AM,
RE: sad news about Arabella's matching band-need help
Get a sparkly french pave band!!!! It will look amazing with the e-ring Smile

Sorry about your band though Sad

[-] The following 1 user Likes MissAnna1104's post:
  • Dragonfly
05-21-2013, 09:14 AM,
I really think if you can, you should go ahead and purchase it from your inspiration site. It really sounds like you have your heart set on it, and another design would feel like settling. (Oh, and option 3...Boo! I don't like that one at all!)

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 09:26 AM,
I don't know if it would feel like settling. I think if I could come up with a wonderful completely custom design I would love it too....I am just sad that it didn't work out in general, and I am clueless right now as to some ideas for a custom design..I need some inspiration! lol I guess I am just brain dead right now! lol But the idea of completely custom intrigues me because I do like the idea that NO one else would have it....

I guess I am just confused as to which direction to go.

OH...and I don't like option 3 at all either...although I am sure my husband would (I haven't told him yet that I am back at the drawonig board).

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 09:40 AM,
If you don't feel like it would be settling, and you want to stick with DK, then I say that's great! Custom can be fun. I am sure the gals here will be great brainstorming partners Smile

Laugh More ~ Gripe Less ~ Ignore Critics ~ Order Dessert ~ Say Yes ~ Love Life
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 09:41 AM,
Well you have listed several good options honestly. Makes it hard to choose. I would probably try to go custom. The idea of a Wg band with a RG twist sounds delicious too though. What if you did a pave band with RG ropes on the sides so you can see them? hmmm idk.

Tell DK to get the darn braiding machine! That solves the problem lol

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 10:06 AM,
I voted order the band from site you saw the ring on to begin with.

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 10:13 AM,
I would order from the original site.

[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 10:34 AM,
Yeahthat ^^^

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
05-21-2013, 10:42 AM,
without reading through these posts, my initial thought was matching pave band with a RG twisty band inbetween possibly.