small project
[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 01:07 PM,
small project
So I got the ring that I'm going to rehab... well maybe... haha.

I had planned to remove the ruby and use a diamond that I have housed in another ring and then rhodium plate it.... but now I'm confused.

The ruby is nice and actually looks quite good on me... so to rehab or not to rehab is the question.

and the ring is 14k YG -- anyone else think YG looks weird on me?

stats on rings:
14k YG
4.2mm ruby and 2mm H/I-SI1

other ring:
18k WG
0.32ct (also 4.2mm) G SI diamond

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Videos:

YG on me? Does it look green to you?

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 01:09 PM,
RE: small project
I like it as is, you could just keep it like that for a while and change your mind later if you find you don't wear it.

[-] The following 2 users Like Olivejuice's post:
  • JuBe, MicheleZ
04-02-2013, 01:13 PM,
I like it, the ruby sparkles a lot. All of this talk about YG not looking good on you - silly. It looks great. I would do your 3 stone in YG too lol

[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 01:16 PM,
Agreed, the ring is nice and YG looks fine on you!.

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • JuBe
04-02-2013, 02:26 PM,
lady, yellow gold looks REALLY good on you. For serious. I like what it does to your skin tone better than the white metals, frankly. Though, truth be told you can definitely pull both colors off.

[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 02:31 PM,
(04-02-2013, 02:26 PM)stardust Wrote: lady, yellow gold looks REALLY good on you. For serious. I like what it does to your skin tone better than the white metals, frankly. Though, truth be told you can definitely pull both colors off.

I agree. It doesn't look green to me at all.

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 02:54 PM,
I actually don't mind the YG on you either. I don't like WG on me either...but I've come to realize that the YG doesn't look bad, per se, but the WG just looks better on my skin tone...or at least, I 'prefer' WG on my skin tone. Maybe this is the case for you?

ETA - I vote to keep the ruby for awhile to see how you like it. Do you have anything else with rubies? I love them. Smile

[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 03:35 PM,
No... I've never been a "red" stone kinda girl -- no red stones. This is my first. More of a blue girl.

I'll have DK size it next time I see him and keep it for awhile. See if I get much use out of it as is. I just really don't like the WG setting I have now. The knife edge is actually painful. Sad

[-]
  •
04-02-2013, 04:15 PM,
I don't own any either. lol. I think I *may* love them because they were my grandmother's birthstone. I have wanted ruby earrings forever because my grandmother had a pair and I loved them. Though, while the ruby looks great on you...I think I do suit blues a bit better.

Sorry the knife edge isn't working for you. I had been considering the Vatche u113 solitaire...but was so hesitant of the knife edge for this reason. I think it would bother me. Can you get it rounded? KJMM said she had DK create a version of the U113 that was rounded and it felt fine for her. Your setting has engraving, too, though. Both rings are pretty, though. Smile

[-] The following 1 user Likes Lorrissey's post:
  • Olivejuice
04-02-2013, 04:43 PM,
We'll see. My 12 year old niece is visiting this summer so I may just give the ring to her.

I may just keep the diamond in it's setting now until I'm able to upgrade it.