so I've got this 3 stone semi mount and....
[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:39 AM,
Shocked  so I've got this 3 stone semi mount and....
have had it for more than a year - have 2 green moissy's (4mm) for side stones and have no clue to what the center should be - sort of want colored, but what color? OR an OEC moissy? But that's too spendy right now (7mm round is what will fit) My birthstone is amethyst...was thinking purple and green? Pink and green? Yellow (am trying to sell my yellow moissy GemBob on DB right now)? Crazy?? but maybe not? Don't have to use the green moissys, could go in entire different direction...

Any suggestions would please me to no end!

Anyway, here's pics if the setting (taken by seller...the tilted one would drive me crazy and I would have taken it so it was straight LOL!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:43 AM,
RE: so I've got this 3 stone semi mount and....
hmmm, I like coloured stones with white. The colours I like together always have pink, lol, but I usually think one colour is prettiest. If you want to use the 4mm greens I would use them and put them with a Chris cz OEC for now, and then get the moiss when you have more cash. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:44 AM,
Deep purple amethyst (center) with reddish garnet or dark yellow citrine sidestones.

None of that sissy lavender amethyst either...I'm talking a rich velvety Uruguay:

And citrine like this:

or garnet like this:

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:47 AM,
Oooo I like the swoopy prongs! No help on stones, just wanted to let ya know I thought the setting was pretty. It is certainly worthy of some pretty stones Smile

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 09:52 AM,
Thanks gals Smile I like the swoopy prongs too! Hubby's birthstone is diamond (the bastard - not really!) Son's is pink sapphire? (Oct baby, not a baby anymore, he's 23) Jenn, I know you like your pinks and I do too! Aalimah - an amethyst center with maybe clear moissy sides could be an idea Smile

Keep 'em coming!

[-] The following 1 user Likes KendaKarats's post:
  • Mamacass77
03-24-2013, 10:11 AM,
amen to none of that light lavender color amethyst crap...the grapeier the color the better!!! (don't think grapeier is a word...so grape jelly would be what I mean!)

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 10:19 AM,
I love that mount!

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 10:23 AM,
I love the citrine and amethyst together and no light colored amethyst! But I also like pink and raspberry. I had a big pink morganite pear years ago with two trillion deep rhodolite garnets. I still regret selling that ring!

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 10:37 AM,
(03-24-2013, 10:23 AM)idahojeep Wrote: I love the citrine and amethyst together and no light colored amethyst! But I also like pink and raspberry. I had a big pink morganite pear years ago with two trillion deep rhodolite garnets. I still regret selling that ring!

I just saw one of those the other day. Stunning combination!

Edited to Add: No, it was actually a pear morganite and pink tourmaline trills but still pretty:

http://www.jtv.com/Cor-de-rosa-Morganite...lt,pd.html

[-]
  •
03-24-2013, 11:58 AM,
I like that but mine was so pretty! Nice fat pear and much bigger trillions! Cry