[split] eBay pearls
[-] The following 2 users Like The Third Graft's post:
  • OoohShiny, stardust
01-29-2015, 02:36 PM,
[split] eBay pearls
It appears my post was a thread killer. My friend Sarah Canizzaro of Kojima Company sells genuine Lake Kasumi-ga-ura freshwater pearls.
These very special pearls are a miracle from the lake beyond the mist.

Chinese ripple pearls sell for 1/10th the price of the genuine Lake Kasumi freshwaters.

I don't know if posting links from other forums is acceptable but there is a new post by her on PG called Mary’s Timeless Treasures Scamming Pearl Buyers on Ruby Lane. Please take a minute to read it. Most doesn't apply to your seller, but some does.

These deceptive sellers not only hurt the buyer they hurt the farmers by destroying the market for their genuine product.

It has taken decades to start farms and grow pearls in these waters damaged by pollution. These farmers are also victims of the weather which nearly put them out of operation. Their hard work and dedication has helped clean up the water and brought freshwater pearling back to Japan.

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-29-2015, 02:40 PM,
RE: eBay pearls
I saw the "Kasumi" pearls on RL. OMG. I just laughed, but you're right. People who don't know a ton about pearls wouldn't know.

[-]
  •
01-29-2015, 09:41 PM,
(01-29-2015, 02:36 PM)The Third Graft Wrote: It appears my post was a thread killer. My friend Sarah Canizzaro of Kojima Company sells genuine Lake Kasumi-ga-ura freshwater pearls.

Chinese ripple pearls sell for 1/10th the price of the genuine Lake Kasumi freshwaters.

I don't know if posting links from other forums is acceptable but there is a new post by her on PG called Mary’s Timeless Treasures Scamming Pearl Buyers on Ruby Lane. Please take a minute to read it. Most doesn't apply to your seller, but some does.

These deceptive sellers not only hurt the buyer they hurt the farmers by destroying the market for their genuine product.

It has taken decades to start farms and grow pearls in these waters damaged by pollution. These farmers are also victims of the weather which nearly put them out of operation. Their hard work and dedication has helped clean up the water and brought freshwater pearling back to Japan.

Glad you're passionate about pearls and thanks for the information. I first came to love ripples from Catherine Cardellini and you can imagine the excitement when I found something beautiful and similar on eBay and Etsy. Again, I'm pretty sure these are not real Kasumi pearls but am really excited to have something beautiful to enjoy. They are getting close so hopefully I get them soon!Angel

[-]
  •
01-30-2015, 08:02 AM,
(01-29-2015, 09:41 PM)appletree Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 02:36 PM)The Third Graft Wrote: It appears my post was a thread killer. My friend Sarah Canizzaro of Kojima Company sells genuine Lake Kasumi-ga-ura freshwater pearls.

Glad you're passionate about pearls and thanks for the information. I first came to love ripples from Catherine Cardellini and you can imagine the excitement when I found something beautiful and similar on eBay and Etsy. Again, I'm pretty sure these are not real Kasumi pearls but am really excited to have something beautiful to enjoy. They are getting close so hopefully I get them soon!Angel

Yes, since one Kasumi pearl sells for more than you paid for the strand.

I see you are new to this part of the forum. Since you posted you had purchased some of the rarest or most coveted pearls on the planet I am surprised by your reaction.
It's not unlike going to a car lot, to buy a Ferrari and finding out you purchased a Nissan Versa.
I was concerned for you, but it appears there is no need for that.

I do think it would be a great idea for all of us to buy as many strands as possible from these sellers, tell them we were ripped off and let them give them to us for free, or get turned into ebay and getting a huge amount of negative feedback. Anyone else up to it? Even if you don't want the pearls, perhaps a women's shelter would love them for wearing to job interviews.
Turning lemons into lemonade while cleaning up ebay.

[-] The following 1 user Likes MrsK's post:
  • jenncent
01-30-2015, 12:33 PM,
I love my ripples too!

@appletree There is a thread on Pearl Guide that discusses buying on eBay that you may find helpful.

http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2509

I know a few people here have purchased pearls from eBay. Some of the stores are listed in this link.

http://www.thefacetlounge.com/Thread-Rec...rl-Vendors

One day, I'll be a crazy old lady weighed down by all my baubles and it will be glorious.
[-]
  •
02-01-2015, 06:51 AM,
[split] eBay pearls
Since I see the board can accept links to site. Here is the reply Sarah got from Ruby Lane about her problem with a seller in my post above.
I will watch with interest to see if she cleans up her act. If not you can decide for yourself if Ruby Lane really cares about it's sellers, and protects it's buyers.
http://www.pearl-guide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9527

[-]
  •
02-01-2015, 10:32 AM,
(02-01-2015, 06:51 AM)The Third Graft Wrote: Since I see the board can accept links to site. Here is the reply Sarah got from Ruby Lane about her problem with a seller in my post above.
I will watch with interest to see if she cleans up her act. If not you can decide for yourself if Ruby Lane really cares about it's sellers, and protects it's buyers.

I am confused. Is this the same seller the OP received pearls from?

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-01-2015, 11:38 AM,
(02-01-2015, 10:32 AM)jenncent Wrote:
(02-01-2015, 06:51 AM)The Third Graft Wrote: Since I see the board can accept links to site. Here is the reply Sarah got from Ruby Lane about her problem with a seller in my post above.

I am confused. Is this the same seller the OP received pearls from?

I don't think so. I think it was just a good chance for us lovers of pearls to see some behind the scenes stuff. It helps to get us further educated about the levels of deceit out there.

It's so silly because as we can all see by @appletree 's new strand, good ripples are stunning pearls. It would be better to just differentiate from go. Then everyone could find the lovely ripples!

[-]
  •
02-01-2015, 12:03 PM,
oh ok, while I agree more knowledge is always a good thing, perhaps we can refrain from highjacking this thread any further. If there is something that others would like to discuss, starting a new thread is probably a better way to do it.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
02-01-2015, 12:08 PM,
RE: [split] eBay pearls
I split the thread.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers