surprise for me. it's done!
[-] The following 3 users Like JooJooBee4's post:
  • JuBe, mrsmay07, Sparkledreamer
02-19-2014, 05:48 PM,
surprise for me. it's done!
My emerald cut project is done! I went to my jeweler to take a look at the wax and surprise surprise he decided to cast and complete the ring. He is really the bomb and he gave me a bottle of wine to go home with. Him and his brother make have their own family wine line.

On to the ring.. My initial thoughts are that I love it! It's a different type of halo than my usual, but a halo nonetheless. If the stone were a bit wider, I would have for sure done a solitaire. Who knows I might end up throwing a colored stone into this setting one day! It's going some big finger coverage and does that falling to the side celebrity type thing, which is cool with me. I probably could have gone down to a 4.25 size to keep it from sliding, but no biggie!

The halo was inspired by a lovely LM setting and I decided to go with plain shanks because I didn't want to break the bank going bonkers on pave, and I love a plain shank every now and then. I added some delicate cuffs for details that I went back and forth on, but ultimately decided YES. The band has a round wire feel to it, which is a good balance between the straight edges of the stone and some softness Wink The melee is just under 2mms so the halo is pretty substantial, but I think it suits the stone just fine. There is a color contrast and you can see the warmth in the stone, but it doesn't bother me at all. The emerald cut surprisingly flashes a lot of light, which I love. HeartHeartHeart The profile is the perfect height to show off the stone and room for stacking, but I probably won't be stacking.. Anyways, enough yapping here are some photos!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 05:50 PM,
RE: surprise for me. it's done!
That is beautiful!! I love how big it looks on your finger!!!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 05:52 PM,
WOW!!! That is so pretty! I love the curve of the halo. It is def a full finger of coverage for you! And the stone is so cool it is almost like a prism in some pics.

It is very celeb sized in the perspective shot. Wink

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 05:56 PM,
Wow that is seriously to die for! I never use that phrase but this just warrants it! It's totally gorgeous! Loving the step cut. The cuffs I adore! You are one lucky lady! Can I be your older sister? Crackup

ETA your jeweler is awesome! A bottle of wine too? Very customer friendly!

[-] The following 1 user Likes EarthDiva's post:
  • Slick
02-19-2014, 05:58 PM,
Holy Frack! I love it! I really like that you didn't go crazy with pave! The design has a really clean simplicity and just enough jazz with the halo. Like @jenncent said, it is very celeb sized (which is awesome). Your jeweler kicks a$$, too. Nothing in my world is ever completed early! You have some excellent jewelry karma, my friend.

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 05:58 PM,
omigod!!! That is amazing!!! I have had the LM saved with the AG Krupps in mind...but that moissy looks AMAZING!!! Egads!!....I really love it!!

• Slick
02-19-2014, 05:59 PM,
(02-19-2014, 05:56 PM)Sandeek Wrote: Wow that is seriously to die for! I never use that phrase but this just warrants it! It's totally gorgeous! Loving the step cut. The cuffs I adore! You are one lucky lady! Can I be your older sister? Crackup

We can all be sisters. I'll be the middle sister who steals everybody's stuff all the time. Crackup

[-] The following 1 user Likes JooJooBee4's post:
  • Slick
02-19-2014, 06:04 PM,
(02-19-2014, 05:59 PM)EarthDiva Wrote:
(02-19-2014, 05:56 PM)Sandeek Wrote: Wow that is seriously to die for! I never use that phrase but this just warrants it! It's totally gorgeous! Loving the step cut. The cuffs I adore! You are one lucky lady! Can I be your older sister? Crackup

We can all be sisters. I'll be the middle sister who steals everybody's stuff all the time. Crackup

@Sandeek and @EarthDiva .. We are sisters! Sparkle sisters!!! I always always the middle sister that stole my older's sister things, but now she wants to steal mine! Haha.

• Slick
02-19-2014, 06:06 PM,
I bet she does! Well, tell your sister you now have other sisters who also wanna steal your stuff!

[-]
  •
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM,
@ JooJooBee4 Haha I just bet your sister wants into your jewelry box! I wanna live in it! Lol! I could live in it!