swirly, twirly diamond ring
[-] The following 2 users Like stardust's post:
  • KendaKarats, Olivejuice
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM,
swirly, twirly diamond ring
Okay, so I adore this ring. I let it go awhile back and it was probably one of the jewelry sales I most regretted. (There have been 3, this being one of them.) Ever since selling it I pined. I missed her so! It went to a friend of mine and this made me happy, but I found myself sighing over pictures now and again and just regretting ever letting her out of my hands.

It's an antique. The center is a transitional diamond, having been replaced long ago. The engraving needs to be restored at some point, but I never found anyone I trusted to do it. It was dated as being from the late 19th century by a jeweler I had look at it. It only totals about a carat, but it gives great coverage!

There was some serious serendipity involved in getting this little number back. I am over the moon thrilled. So without further ado here are some bad shots (one my daughter took of me that I love!) of my pretty!

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

(I wasn't really this cranky, I swear!)

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 10:34 AM,
RE: swirly, twirly diamond ring
Love this!

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 10:36 AM,
Very pretty!!!! You know we're going to ask how you got it back! Do you feel like telling the story? Smile I'm glad it all worked out.

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • KendaKarats
03-26-2013, 10:39 AM,
It is a really good story, but not fully mine to tell....

Let me see how the other person feels. I'd love her to come on and fill in the blanks!

It's one of those things that has bigger connections than I could really type out so this "piece" may seem less dazzling on it's own than it was in the larger context of things. Still pretty awesome though.

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 10:58 AM,
Awesome!!! Love it

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:24 AM,
(03-26-2013, 10:39 AM)stardust Wrote: It is a really good story, but not fully mine to tell....

Let me see how the other person feels. I'd love her to come on and fill in the blanks!

It's one of those things that has bigger connections than I could really type out so this "piece" may seem less dazzling on it's own than it was in the larger context of things. Still pretty awesome though.

Once upon a time there was this gal who noticed a swirly twirly antique wedding set and something whispered to her "shhhh but look! LoveLove It is soooo you and soooo beeyouteeefull that you must see if the mistress of this set might want to trade for something equally as lovely cuz you're one broke bitch" Angel Well, this gal sure did/does love those antique and/or vintage diamond rings....so she makes contact....and....

your turn stardustgal!

[-] The following 2 users Like stardust's post:
  • lucky.b, Mamacass77
03-26-2013, 11:34 AM,
HA!

So this gal contacts the mistress and says, "I am BLINDED by the beauty that is this set! Whatever can I do to make it mine? Would you be interested in a trade, perchance?"

And the mistress was all:

But the gal was persistent and wonderful and tried again. "I have some lovely sparkles from lands near and far, are you sure you wouldn't like to look at some of my pretties?"

And the mistress at this point was fairly convinced that she was a witch. I mean, who else has that many sparklies? But verily she did open her treasure trove and therein were many fantastical things. Still the mistress was all:

Well, the gal was persistent and kept up the conversation, for she knew it was only a matter of time before she found something that would catch the mistress' eye. IN fact, the mistress had accidentally let slip what her one weak spot was. The gal, being a sorceress was able to present something in two shakes of a lamb's tail. She in fact had TWO items that would perhaps entice the mistress. Sneakily she sent off an email alerting the mistress to this fact. And this time the mistress was all:

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:36 AM,
Crackup

[-] The following 1 user Likes stardust's post:
  • moissypaws
03-26-2013, 11:37 AM,
Well, under the cover of darkness, a new photo was sent. One that would change the course of the mistresses actions the moment she saw it. She sat down in front of her magic mirror and opened the message that the sorceress had sent through time and space.

She opened it and stopped dead in her tracks.

But how could this be?! It was the one ring she had been searching for for YEARS. One that she had tracked down through the ORIGINAL owner, only to find out it had long ago been sold. It was the ring that she wanted above all others and she quickly crafted her response to the beautiful sorceress so that she might take possession of said ring.

Back to you, witchy, sorceressy, Kenda!

[-]
  •
03-26-2013, 11:39 AM,
The ring and you are both beautiful. Heart

But the story... I am dying to hear the story! If the other person involved will give you permission to share it, I so hope you will give us all of the details. I have a feeling it will be a "Chicken Soup for the TFL Soul" kind of thing.

Sharp mind, soft belly.