thin e-ring with thick eternity?
[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:04 PM,
Big Grin  thin e-ring with thick eternity?
I hope its okay that I'm posting this since I'm new around here! I am having a set made and it looks awesome in my mind but I can't tell what it will look like in reality. The e-ring is going to be 1.8mm and the eternity band will be 3.3mm. I cant go smaller on the eternity and I don't want to go bigger on the e-ring. Do you think this is going to look ridiculous? I've searched online for photos but haven't really found that many with similar proportions so I cant tell..

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:09 PM,
RE: thin e-ring with thick eternity?
Welcome Stars RSS!!!

I think that it will look great, get exactly what you want! Maybe all of us can drag up some pictures to help you invision it. Smile
What style e-ring?

[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:10 PM,
Sounds great! I love that look!

[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:19 PM,
I can't find a band with stones that I think is the right size but then again I don't what 3.3 looks like lmao

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!
engagement-ring-wedding-band-moissanite-recycled-1--UDU2Ny05ODYwOS4yNjc2NzQ= by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

Ring_with_Band by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

9322 by Roxiblu143, on Flickr

[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:29 PM,
I think it will look very classy and wonderful! Make sure to post photos when you get it Big Grin

[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 03:52 PM,
I love a thin solitaire and a thick band. But I have a caveat to that: the heights must be the same, or the e-ring must be taller. I think this is a personal hang up, not a universal one?

In my miscellaneous / homeless jewelry pile, I have Petite Tiffany style solitaire setting and a standard bar set 3mm eternity band. I can't wear them together because the eternity looks like it is swallowing the solitaire and it bums my brain out. It has nothing to do with the width, it's all about the shank height.

Here's a photo I pulled together a long time ago to illustrate what I mean for someone else who had a similar question.

[img]Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com![/img]

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 04:00 PM,
Here are some that are nicely matched in height. It makes all the difference in the world, I think.

Sharp mind, soft belly.
[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 04:07 PM,
Welcome! Curious what size stone will be in the e-ring. I love a substantial size stone on a thin ering combined with a thicker band. I feel like it makes the e-ring more substantial because the thickness of the band pushes the e-ring further down on the finger, like stacking does. Love that look!

No, I didn't lose my mind. It got scared and ran away.
[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 04:24 PM,
(04-08-2013, 04:00 PM)Hadley Wrote: Here are some that are nicely matched in height. It makes all the difference in the world, I think.

Gorgeous 5-stone Hadley! What are the specs?

Oh duh!!! I thought those were your rings but at least one of those hands isn't yours...lol.

[-]
  •
04-08-2013, 04:28 PM,
Nope, none of those hands are mine. Sorry. Those came from a Google Images search for "thin engagement wide wedding band"

Sharp mind, soft belly.