upgrade curiosity ?
[-]
  •
11-16-2015, 08:17 AM,
upgrade curiosity ?
I live in England, UK.  Over here, upgrading your engagement ring is absolutely unheard of.

However, I have been married 22-years and am on engagement ring number 6 Undecided 

Although I have to say that I have kept my first engagment ring, as it's sentimental.

So I just wondered about you guys....how many erings have you had, and have you kept them all, or sold them to
fund the next purchase.
Here in England no one seems to understand the "shrinkage phenomenon" Huh

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
11-16-2015, 11:32 AM,
RE: upgrade curiosity ?
I started out using a family heirloom, as I got engaged without a ring. Later down the line, my fiance gave me a half carat diamond that I ended up chipping (the diamond had an extremely thin girdle). I replaced that with a OEC moissanite (much sturdier for klutzy me) while I searched for the perfect old cut diamond. I found the perfect old cut for me and am having it set into a solitaire and it will be my forever ring. I still have the half carat diamond from my fiance and will put it in a necklace someday, as with the chip it is too fragile for daily wear as a ring but I love it for sentimental reasons. So, I will have had about 4 different rings in just 4 years, lol!

[-]
  •
11-16-2015, 01:34 PM,
haha, welcome! You have found your people. Wink I am really not sure how many rings I have had... Let's jusy say 10, and I still have 4. So some have been sold, and some are forever keepers. Sometimes I just reset the same stone... It is a fluid process for me, finfing the right stone, in the right setting, that feels comfortable, and that I feel looks good on my hand.

oh, and I where I live, no one upgrades or has a collection of erings either lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
11-16-2015, 02:38 PM,
I have had a few,
1) Small diamond e-ring with matching bands
2) 0.75 OEC bezel
3) 3 stone sapphire halo
4) Green moissy bezel
But I kept all of them and wear them in rotation. There are a couple of other right hand rings I will occasionally substitute for e-rings as well, but not regularly, and they weren't intended for that purpose so I have not included them.

I have only been married 5.5 years! I get side eye here in Australia, but I don't care!

I get distracted by shiny things