vintage ring project
[-] The following 1 user Likes idahosubaru's post:
  • moissypaws
10-04-2013, 09:11 AM,
vintage ring project
I have been searching for a vintage ring that really catches my eye. Well of course all the ones on Lang's and 1stdibs do. But it needs to be wearable, in my price range, and gorgeous. I am toying with the idea of having one made instead. I posted this one earlier and am thinking the center stone could be an old cut ruby or sapphire. Michael E can do this for me in a lab stone - maybe 6mm you think? This ring has a .65ct center with .45ct sides. So 6mm center and 5mm sides or 5.5mm and 4.5mm? Can someone photoshop a red and a blue stone in there pretty please?

Many of the vintage shield type rings are so long on the finger that it would not be wearable daily for me. I love Circe's ring to death and would buy it in a hot second but if I am making one then I should make exactly what is perfect for me. Please post any rings you love that fit the bill! It will be a middle finger RHR.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 09:14 AM,
RE: vintage ring project
I like rubies more than sapphires but a OMC sapphire in the centre would make this ring go with your new vintage watch.

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 09:23 AM,
I vote sapphire if you don't want white stones. But no photoshop, sorry!

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 09:44 AM,
Sapphire all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 09:51 AM,
What if there were sapphires around and OEC in the center? I cannot picture it.

[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 09:53 AM,
I can picture it!! It would be lovely either way. OECs all around would be brighter though.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
10-04-2013, 12:06 PM,
sapphire center!!! LOVE

[-]
  •
10-05-2013, 05:01 AM,
I think both sap centre or sap on the sides with an oec moissy will look gorgeous. I am no good with photoshop, but I just found some pics of similar rings : some with sapphires on the sides and some with sapphires in the centre. I am just going to post them for the purpose of visual prospective. If they are not helpful, then still nice to look at.

Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 4 users Like KendaKarats's post:
  • moissypaws, mrsmay07, sparkletiger, stardust
10-05-2013, 06:48 AM,
Ya'll may or may not recognize this one - was the avatar on my BTD profile Big Grin but the avatar kinda squished it, but anyway it is similar in style to what Idaho is looking at? Without any sapphires, o'course Smile Was my granny's ring and the only really REALLY nice piece I received when she passed in the mid 80's - She had it since she was in her early 20's, so definitely an antique.

Platinum set with 3 center oec? diamonds and smaller ones scattered throughout- I've never taken to jeweler to confirm the diamonds as being oec, but it was definitely made before the modern cut came out...AND it was exactly my size when I got it Heart

In original ring box:

and on my wrinkly hand Big Grin (don't know why the top diamond has a funny look, but it's not like that in person - must just be the angle)

[-]
  •
10-05-2013, 09:32 AM,
Kenda, that is such a great antique piece - gorgeous diamonds and so ornate, all the detailing is in fantastic condition. What a piece! It is priceless as well being from you gran, a very precious and special heirloom! Heart

Oscar Wilde