well, now I am a little confused.
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 11:53 AM,
well, now I am a little confused.
So I was playing with some cz this morning. I am not sure why I didn't do this before...

This is an 8mm cushion on my hand. Mine is 8.6mm essentially, but this is up really high, so I think it will look a bit like this. It actually isn't that small.

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

here are 3 stones, one is 6mm, one is 5mm. I don't have 2 6mm here.

and here with 5mm

and with some long skinny bags

So my first thoughts are that the 3 stone with the 5mm, I know I don't like. I was planning on elongated, and that confirms that elongated is better for me. 6x5mm would be the right size I think. But I am not sure if the 3 stone looks good. It seems to make the center stone look smaller. So I am unsure.

So then I had some baguettes laying around, so my DH wanted to see that. He does not like the 3 stone apparently, and he likes the more deco look of the bags. I am not sure. Bags aren't really my thing. The good news is, is that it is set in my ballerina for now, so really this is not an emergency, lol. I could french cut baguettes, but I am not sure if that would make me happy. But then I could just get a kick ass french cut eternity to solve my french cut just I suppose. When I think of a center stone with sides, I think I would do pears before bags. But that is hardly deco inspired, lol.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 11:56 AM,
RE: well, now I am a little confused.
I think the 8mm has great coverage on you! It will be even better with your diamond since yours is bigger! I don't think baguettes are your thing, but I would stick with elongated smaller sides or the pear idea is good too! I still really love your original plan with the one that I photoshopped Smile anyway you go you'll need a French cut eternity well because it's so you!

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 12:15 PM,
I like the Harry Winston style setting, but you know that. I think you should wait and see what you think of the ACC in the ballerina once you get it.

[-] The following 1 user Likes poppyseed's post:
  • MrsK
01-18-2014, 01:43 PM,
Love the HW w/ baguettes, so classic. But not sure if that will have the same affect for you to ward off shrinkage as a cushion 3 stone will.

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 01:49 PM,
I think the HW is more my DH, not so much me. But I do like how the center stone still looks bigger. The 3 stone cushion makes the center look smaller. So while I like the full finger of coverage, I don't like the shrinking center.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 01:50 PM,
I love the look with the baguettes so much more. Incredibly classy.
Why would there be shrinkage? It is a honking diamond! Toofunny

"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken"
Oscar Wilde
[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • sparkletiger
01-18-2014, 01:53 PM,
LOL, well less than 9mm is small for me, but realistically, I know it is not small.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 03:27 PM,
Love the baguettes! I am considering a 3 stone with bags, as this is what my original ring was. It will likely be this or the infamous SK setting I have coveted for months. So what about your original plan for the LM inspired Frenchie setting? Perhaps this 'size' realization is a sign that you should go with your first love?

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 03:48 PM,
I obviously love the HW inspired three stone as I'm doing that too. I think it doesn't detract from the center stone which in your case is spectacular. It complements it. That said, anything you do will be absolutely stunning as is your taste. And you must do what you love...what is Jenn?

[-]
  •
01-18-2014, 04:16 PM,
IMHO baguettes aren't you at all even though I think that's gorgeous Smile

Agree that the sides kind of draw away from the main diamond. Not a bad thing, just a different look.

What about going back to original frenchies? You both like that and the frenchies will give lots of sparkle

This ones similar dimensions/ring size
I think it's some decent coverage Smile
http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-...55906.html