what do we think about ring guards?
[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 11:31 AM,
Tongue  what do we think about ring guards?
I am considering making a ring guard, or a wrap...  I want a more kapow! look to my ring....  Or do they look bad?

like outlining it like this

Sparkly eye candy found at thefacetlounge.com!

but with baguettes

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 11:54 AM,
RE: what do we think about ring guards?
I am sure the one you would have designed would look awesome because it would really be well crafted to fit and highlight your ring. The generic ones that are sold in chainstores are the ones that give wraps a bad name, I think. They are usually ill-fitting with poor quality stones and they don't do much to add to the ensemble.

[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 11:58 AM,
I love baguettes, btw! They really pack a punch with those big, broad flashes of light that they throw. I can't wait to see what you end up doing!

[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 12:57 PM,
I actually love them.

[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 01:11 PM,
I like ring guards (my age is probably talking). However, I agree that they have to be custom to the ring. Guard were very popular long ago. I have seen a lot of vintage ones. A friend of mine has a guard and its a real honker. It is dripping with marquise diamonds (graduating lengths). It extends knuckle to knuckle. It is beautiful. I personally like guards best when the shape of the ring does not allow a band to sit correctly next to it. The more integrated the guard is, the better it looks IMO. It is perfect if it is hugging the outline of the ring. You kinda have the best of both worlds (halo when you want one, and removable when you don't).

[-] The following 1 user Likes OoohShiny's post:
  • CricketBug
01-17-2016, 02:05 PM,
I have not seen any I love, but I have strong faith that if you design one it will be heaven in diamond form.

I get distracted by shiny things
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slick's post:
  • CricketBug
01-17-2016, 02:26 PM,
When I think ring guards, I think of my moms which while beautiful in its day, now seems dated to me. Knuckle to knuckle coverage doesn't seem comfy. But I love the inspiration pic you posted and that is a whole other ball game! It would be beautiful to be able to add bling when needed! And bags? To die for!!

[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 03:02 PM,
@jenncent I think this is a great solution for those days you are needing more bling!  I'm a fan of baguette halos and think as a wrap it would be beautiful.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jenncent's post:
  • Slick
01-17-2016, 03:53 PM,
haha, I am glad we all have confidence in my ability to make something great. I can guarantee you it would be perfect fitting with no weird gaps.

I tend to think of them as dated too, but I think it is the specific style of some that I have seen. I think I could make it look integrated and I think that even 1.5mm on each side would give me some extra POW! with my ring.

Joseph Schubach Jewelers
please email jenniferc@schubach.com for quotes and inquiries
Visit this user's website
[-]
  •
01-17-2016, 03:57 PM,
I have seen pics of your rings on tfl. They are all TDF.